• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bullfrog Trail pics

Here some Pics as well..

n6310842_34126078_2413.jpg

n6310842_34126082_3375.jpg

n6310842_34126103_8532.jpg

n6310842_34126115_1713.jpg

n6310842_34126117_2277.jpg

Heres a link to more, it should work for you guys... http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2131594&l=accd6&id=6310842

Here some Pics as well..

n6310842_34126078_2413.jpg

Damn and it's lunch time, too.

Thanks for the pics and info Allen.

I'm kicking around in my head to set up a future weekend run, Saturday to run Bullfrog and Sunday to do an exploring, scenic run. I know some areas north of Cougar Buttes that are mild, but have some mining ruins, petroglyphs, etc.

That's why I'd like the GPS track.

Damn and it's lunch time, too.

Thanks for the pics and info Allen.

I'm kicking around in my head to set up a future weekend run, Saturday to run Bullfrog and Sunday to do an exploring, scenic run. I know some areas north of Cougar Buttes that are mild, but have some mining ruins, petroglyphs, etc.

Yeah that sounds like fun. We just got the new control arms on Jimmy's Rig so hes ready to go too..

Bug rich or Johnny about the GPS stuff and let me know when you want to go, we'll meet you out there :D

We all took a solemn vow not to disclose the location of this trail. :laugh3:

Here are the coordinates for the first warmup slab and the official beginning of the trail. From then on, you just follow the red stakes and/or pieces of ribbon.

Warmup slab -

N 34* 29' 03.6"
W 116* 49' 08.9"

Official start - look for red stakes

N 34* 28' 48.6"
W 116* 48' 46.8"

But what?????

Come on Kyung...it is never the same without you there!!

Kind words buddy. Patience.. That's all I have these days.

Kind words buddy. Patience.. That's all I have these days.

Okay, save for February.
The TDS event in Truckhaven and the KOH race at the end of the month.

BE THERE!!

Wait, I just checked, the TDS is March 6,7 and 8th.

KOH is Feb. 26 and 27. We will have trail maintenance (make sure race has not changed our fav trails too much) on the 28th.

Last edited:
Questions regarding bullfrog / future run

<resurrect>

So for all you folks who ran bullfrog, what kind of equipment do you need for this run? Open/open OK? Tire size? Rails? Body damage possible? I'd like to hear from multiple people what they think of this trail.

Also, did anyone get GPS tracks? I've never done it. Who's up for a run at it this March 14th? Who can lead?

I ran it on 35s open with no problems.

I think if you have 33s and are open you should be OK. Body damage is possible i got a few little scratches on the sliders and got my CB antenna ripped of by a Joshua Tree but that was my own fault)

I know Mike Kohler (The guy that basically built the trail) would probably be happy to roll up and lead people on the run. Mike-g, I can give you his e-mail if youd like. Also, if Mike K does take you, they just finished a new trail called "Cake Walk?!" which is supposed to be harder then Bull Frog and pretty sweet. Might want to see if he can take you guys on that too.

I ran it with a group of 3 XJs.
35's Locked.
32's locked
33's open

33's open did amazingly well. (Steveybass has skillz).
All three rigs with Skyjacker RR 6".
Body damage is possible, but we didnt leave with any.

Last edited:
Open/open - possible
Tires - 31" minimum
Rock rails - good idea
Body damage - possible, but unlikely

I got a couple of GPS coordinates for the start of the trail. Once you find the entrance, you just follow the red ribbons.

I could possibly lead on the 14th. I've only done the trail the one time.

Back