• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Buckin Tattoos. ink by Buck.

Oldmaryonstreet.jpg

Now that is a great stance. Not stink-buggy...Just....right. Get that back on the road!

Wow Troy, I knew you were old but I didn't realize you were old enough to have worn the red polyester pants to work. :D

Hey Cody, here is that rough (and I mean rough) sketch I did on the flight home from Iraq. Bear with it, I am no way an artist when it comes to drawing.

739e00a3.jpg

Here is a quick idea I came up with. Let me know what you think.

b72ebe6e.jpg

Troy. As soon as I get some extra cash for printer ink I will get started on that drawing!

The lettering is kind of girly but overall I like it man.

I got to see what these plates ate going to cost me but I should have some tattoo fundage after this weekend. We'll have to figure out a date.

Edit: that's funny you put a Texas NG "T" on it, that was the primary patch I wore in Iraq. I'd prefer the CONG "circle C" though. If possible in color too. It would be subdued on the combat uniform but like the idea of it standing out a bit in the tat. I'll post a pic here shortly.

I agree with Dutch. The font - albeit very well done - just doesn't sit with the theme of the tat and the image of the zombie soldier..... Still, incredible work for being a "quick idea" drawing...... :worship:

Troy. As soon as I get some extra cash for printer ink I will get started on that drawing!

No worries at all Cody. PM me your thoughts on the size of the piece and rough pricing of what you want for the final product...... maybe I could front ya some funds. :thumbup:

I was going for an "early America" look for the lettering. If that makes sense. You just have to trust me. Lol. It's going to have more into it than just the first draft shows.

P.S. Look really close at the 2nd pic that you posted of yourself. Then look at the drawing again. Lol.
I used your picture for the soldier.
That's the patch that was on it so that's what I drew. I can make that change no problem though.

As long as you kinda like where I'm going with it. I will finish it. Lol just wanted to see whatcha thought

Version 2.0....... :thumbup::thumbup:

Fawkin' hell I wish I could draw like that........

Version 2.0 for sure, looks awesome.

I did put the picture together shortly after I replied, I dig it. The only further revision I'll request is lose the pocket on the shoulder and then make the camo pattern DCU instead of ACU. I wore both out there and much preferred my DCU's. Truth be told I hate the ACU's and wish we'd either go back to the BDU/DCU or adopt the new multi-cam pattern across the board instead of just in theater.

Great work though Cody. I truly envy your drawing skills. I always wanted to be able to draw up my ideas but have never been able to put to paper what's in my head. It's like there is a disconnect between my brain and hand where that's concerned. Again, great work.

There will still be some changes. But here is the main line drawing for Dutch.

dbff2279.jpg

Got started on the line drawing of "Old Mary" for Troy
I'm going to be doing some progress pictures on this one.
1b956631.jpg

It's just the rough draft. It's not perfect. Lol.

Back