• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Buckin Tattoos. ink by Buck.

Matt and Jim can eat man sausage...........

Yeah, this was never intended to be a tatoo and Cody certainly wouldn't go to these lengths to "sketch" out a tatoo like this. This is an art piece and will be framed and admired.

Matt and Jim can eat man sausage...........

Yeah, this was never intended to be a tatoo and Cody certainly wouldn't go to these lengths to "sketch" out a tatoo like this. This is an art piece and will be framed and admired.

I misread it earlier and thought it was going to be a tat...but either way, that will make a sweet pic to hang!

Yeah, I saw the Jerome Bettis piece he did and asked him to work on a piece for me. :thumbup:

Just kidding. Here it is.

1b956631.jpg

fb759e5e.jpg

538f78cd.jpg

4bc0ec4b.jpg

2b902a41.jpg

2084441c.jpg

29024ba7.jpg

0199ecd5.jpg

Turned out great man, looks absolutely killer.

Maybe we can get Troy to quit being a nancy-boy and actually get that tatted on his back or something.

Amazing work Cody. Hell I can't even draw a stick figure.

You have a knack, Cody. Looks as good as any of the stuff you see on car shows.

Troy is not a nancy boy. He works in corrections, as I did for a few years. There are three common characteristics for inmates: 1. They are usually poor. 2. They usually have poor judgement. and 3. They have an unusual amount of tatoos.

I know people see it different, now. But for me, when I see someone with a bunch of obvious tatoos, particularly the elbow spider web, I just think inmate.

Thanks.

Hahaha. You would think me and my friends just broke out of jail. Lmao.
If you hang out with me on a daily basis. Chances are you will end up covered.

Im a bad influence!

Less than 30 , I just think, "those kids these days." :)

Hahaha.
You can See a big difference between prison work an professional.
My work is far from prison work.
It's not "tattoos are for bad people" anymore.
It's all about the art now
Some people frame it and hang it on there wall. Some get it tattooed into their skin.
I prefer both.
Art is my life. I don't expect everyone to understand that. I just say don't judge a book by it's cover.

Hell. If you had just met me, you might think i am a bad person. But I can be a very kind, big hearted person.
You can ask anyone who knows me. I help more people than I should. And then the "tattooed guy" ends up getting shit on for trying to help. Lol

Oh, yeah. Very different from prison stuff. I once found tatoo works taped beneath the food cart I was going to deliver dinner with. :0

I accept the art part, you are an artist. I just know what my skin looked like when I was 20 as oppposed to 60, it's not pretty.

I guess it's all about enjoy it while you got it.

I've been hanging around Jeff for awhile, I'm kinda over the book, cover thing. Anyway, I have always judged books by their author.

And I would buy a T-shirt.

Oh, yeah. Very different from prison stuff. I once found tatoo works taped beneath the food cart I was going to deliver dinner with. :0

I accept the art part, you are an artist. I just know what my skin looked like when I was 20 as oppposed to 60, it's not pretty.

I guess it's all about enjoy it while you got it.

I've been hanging around Jeff for awhile, I'm kinda over the book, cover thing. Anyway, I have always judged books by their author.

And I would buy a T-shirt.
I wont care what they look like when I'm 60. Lol
I will always know the meaning of my ink and that's all that really matters to me.
And I think the older you get the less you care about what others think too. Lol
When I'm 60 the last thing I will be thinking about is how my tattoos look or how others feel about them.
Shit. That's if I live to be 60. Haha
I live everyday like it's my last.
Ya somedays I'm a boring ass, sit on the couch kinda guy. But I do what makes me happy.
In my eyes a rich man does not have to do with money.
A rich man has happiness.
and that's all he needs!

I am going to be making a clothing company also once I get this shop up and going!

It's simply incredible Cody. Can't wait to come out to get it!

So you're calling me a criminal Fred?

I actually can't argue as I've been to jail on more than 1 occaision, albeit all for driving at speeds well above the limit. No other type of criminal history for me, unless you count the time the Arvada Bomb Squad had to call me while I was Fort Knox for Basic Training to "disarm" the "bomb" I left behind in my apartment. It was actually a logic probe and alarm setup I had made in my High School Electronics class. I forgot them in the closet and the cleaning lady freaked when she went to clear out the apartment. :D

I have the same basic conversations with my gradfather. I'll even admit to agreeing with some aspects of it, or at least recognizing their signifigance. Thats why I'll never have tats on my hands or neck. I make sure that I can at least throw on a log sleeve shirt and pants and appear "normal" so as to not allow the stigma of tats to be an issue in job interviews and other such scenarios where my love of body art may be a hinderance. I myself find it distasteful when I see soldiers that have tats visible in their full uniform. It lacks professionalism in my eyes, and I probably have more ink than most of them. Part of it for me too is that I feel tattoos should be a personal thing, not a piece of flashy attention getter jewelery. When people blatantly get tats on their hands, neck, and face (especially when lacking any signifacant tats elsewhere) I feel they only got them there for the "cool" factor and to get attention.

As for the tats I do have, well they all hold (or held) some sort of signifigance to me and who I am, or atleast did at the time frame that I got them. I've never gone out and had one of those spur of the moment tats. All of mine were thought over for months or years prior to actually getting them. I will admit that I have tats now that don't neccessarily mean anything to me anymore, but I don't regret them in any way either. They still continue to represent that part of me, and serve as a reminder to my own evolution as a person. They create a story of who I was and even where I was (as a person and physically) as I've also tried to get a tat at most of the places I've visited. I have a tat I got in Vancouver, its where my wife(girl friend at the time) and I spent 2 wks vacationing upon my return from Iraq; I got a tat in Salina, KS where I completed my last phase of BNCOC; one from a shop just outside of Fort Carson where I was stationed for 1.5yrs; 3 from near Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD where I attended my AIT and later H8 schools; I also got 1 from Black Kat tattoo in Boise, ID where I spent 2wks on TDY supporting the 92 TSB on my first extended recovery support mission. I was going to get one in Iraq but unfortunately my buddy who was doing them got in trouble for it before I could get mine. Cody will now be doing my "deployment" tat here shortly. I've tried getting tats in the various places I've been with the Army, although sometime the timing doesn't work. I've missed Fort McCoy, WI; Grafenwoehr, Germany; Camp Williams, UT; and Fort Hood, TX. Eventually I might make it back out to those areas and get a piece done there to keep it going. Hell, I might just go out a get laser removal on all my ink and go back to being naked. Who knows?

Back