• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Buckin Tattoos. ink by Buck.

Maybe not.
Tattooing has come a Long way since you got tattooed.
A lot has changed.

I'm not saying they will look perfect.
Just sayin, tattooing has come a long way.
It's not the old school traditional tattooing any more.
It has almost been brought to a scientific level.
Ink
Needles
Machines
Power supply
And other tattoo supplies have come from almost nothing into something that is pretty much surgical quality. If that makes sense.

Hell. I bet when you got your ink Jim, they didn't even wear gloves. Lol
It's pretty much a night and day difference between now and then.
I could keep going but I think you get my point.
Not saying 5 years is a long time but my ink hasnt changed at all in 5 years.
I've seen and fixed tattoos done by Old school tattoo artists that are less than 5 years old and they looked worse than mine on my body.

Styles of tattooing have changed.
So has the quality of tattoos.

Oh yeah, I have tats that are a good 10-12yrs old and haven't been (or needed to be) touched up.

Another big change since years past is also how we take care of them during the healing process. That makes a big difference in how long they last and look.

Criminal, no. Just saying that's the association that I have with tatoos. It's mine to deal with, not anyone else.

I just look at my scars to remember. :)

Come on Fred you would look good sporting a sleeve! All the cool people do it! (in my best sarcastic voice) Yes im one of the cool people Fred, lol. Finishing up my R. sleeve next Sun. and trying to decide whether to start L sleeve or get back piece finished.

In the day we smeared them with vaseline covered with toilet paper and scotch tape ,and then went to the mess hall and washed pots and pan's cause we got tat's w/out permission , and they cost 15 $ to 30 $ buy some alcoholic it the back booth of some bar in columbus ga ,or a 120 year old chinaman in hong kong ,

Kiefer got a half sleeve out lined. Pics will be posted when it's finished.

SPOBI w/o pics....... :twak:

Kiefer showed me...... I like it just the way it is! Gonna be killer when it's done though. I was digging the "theme" being integrated as the stamping on the wrench..... :thumbup:

cant wait to see his. BTW i need to chat with you about comin in for more work here in the next month :D

Revised version for Dutch. I'm still going to change "fight" up a little bit. Just looks to small. Other than that it's ready for skin!
9a0ce7a5.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great man, now I just need to figure out when I can get down there.

Back