• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brits take on Alabama.

GrimmJeeper said:
so what makes you call them inbred morons? what makes you so fucking awesome? hooray, you're better than someone! i hope that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside :D

Dude, those were just 'words' too.

I've been called a skinhead, a nazi simply because I have tattoos that show and I shave my head. I've been harassed by the police because I 'fit' a profile and I was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Am I all bent out of shape? Did I threaten to kick someone's ass because I was insulted? No, I didn't. In my opinion, there are very few 'ideas' that are worth fighting over. But that's just me. Other people's words are not worth getting that pissed about, and all it does is make you look like an 'inbred, cousin chasing hillbilly', is that the reality of it all? I'm sure it isn't. . . I'm sure they were fine upstanding people that might have even been literate. If you act like a moran, expect to get comments.

Put a T shirt on that says "the Queen sucks donkey &?§!s" and see how far you get walking down a London street.

Go to Manchester wearing something other than a Manchester United outfit. Also film it. I want to laugh at the soccer hooligans.

Yup top gear is awesome. I have every episode they made. The latest season (11) was pretty good, but it ended after 6 episodes... Oh well they will be back this fall!

love top gear, love the fast cars, humor, challenges, etc... My only problem is that how they speak about other countries, which is truly indicative of their arrogance and ignorance. It amazes me how arrogant they can be. On the other hand, it is nice to watch a show that has no political correctness on it!

Top Gear is great. I hear they are supposed to be having an american version with Tanner Foust, Adam Carolla, and some guy from HGTV :huh: I don't think it will be as good though

xjohnnyc said:
I once had to drive a red Porsche from Atlanta to L.A. I had to drive through Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana, which made me nervous. I mean, an Asian guy driving a German sportscar? I didn't have any problems, but I was glad to make it into Texas. :)

YOur asian and you drive an XJ/ thats a new one. well at least in Indiana it isn't seen very often :D :peace:

FlexdXJ said:
YOur asian and you drive an XJ/ thats a new one. well at least in Indiana it isn't seen very often :D :peace:

Hey, there's three of us in the SoCal Chapter. But I'm the only one that wheels. :gag:

FlexdXJ said:
Top Gear is great. I hear they are supposed to be having an american version with Tanner Foust, Adam Carolla, and some guy from HGTV :huh: I don't think it will be as good though

It'll suck.

American television can't do British style humor. It'll be some crappy man show not funny to anybody but twelve year old boys shit, so I guess most people here will probably like it. :flame:

Top Gear rocks, our car shows are boring in comparison. The rock throwers do suck, a lot.

I like that double entendre. Nice one G. :roll:

xjohnnyc said:
I once had to drive a red Porsche from Atlanta to L.A. I had to drive through Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisiana, which made me nervous. I mean, an Asian guy driving a German sportscar? I didn't have any problems, but I was glad to make it into Texas. :)

It'd all be fine until you tried to convince them that you're safe, you're one of them.

"I'm from Kentucky, I swear!"

"Git a rope"

I have been watching top gear for the last year during that time i have seen them twist things to show it the way they want and stage many things. I wouldn't be surprised if they called ahead asked them to do something of this sort. Isn't it interesting that it took 30 seconds from when she went to call the boys that a pickup load of people showed up?

HollywoodXJ said:
Isn't it interesting that it took 30 seconds from when she went to call the boys that a pickup load of people showed up?
Editing much?

Come on anyone with 1/4 of a brain would know that any show on TV gets edited to show what they want.

Doesn't matter if it was ten seconds or thirty minutes...they still showed up and even if it was staged....what a stupid way to show off your state.

The American will have Adam Carolla and Ty Pennington. The other guy I didn't know about, so I guess it'll be three people. :) Carolla is hilarious, pretty smart guy, used to do Love Line and then the Man Show. He does a morning radio show on 97.1 in LA. Gets rebroadcast around to other markets as well. Ty Pennington does a home improvement show (no, not Tim Allen ;)) and actually knows what he's doing, unlike some of the other hosts out there. Carolla used to be a contractor before getting into radio. He was also a boxing coach and just made the movie, The Hammer. I haven't seen it (limited release and I live in the boonies), but it's supposed to be really good.

Back