• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blown Stroker Finaly Done

have you thought about running mega squirt for your ecu? its a pretty popular system and inexpensive too. and you would be able to change it up whenever you need to, instead of sending your ecu off somewhere if you need it changed up. and where this is such a custom build I don't think that anyone would have a map for you on file, but this way you would be in complete control over your engine.

I have heard of Mega Squirt but I need to look into it more as I know nothing about it. Right now I have the ECU that Kenne Bell provided for the Wrangler that this unit came out of. I hope that makes me close. The electrical part of the engine managment is uncharted territory for me.

FNF

I though it was decided that the JP 5.0L stroker was a total pile of crap?

Not really a fan of the yellow though.[/QUOTE]

I agree only because with oil misting and the belt dust will make the engine look like a dirty NYC taxi and take a lot of rubbing to stay clean. The complimentary blue and yellow do look slick. Great project ... I admire your perspective of learning by doing. Can't wait to see it installed!

Not sure if you mentioned it or not. Does that compressor oil internally or is it lubricating off the engine oil?

I though it was decided that the JP 5.0L stroker was a total pile of crap?

I only read the magazine side of it, but even If it had been deemed a pile of crap, its one powerful pile of crap.

FNF, I hope that ecu works out for you, but if not, there's lots out different options out there. I know that AEM makes a really nice set up too. Can't wait to see this thing Installed! :thumbup:

Not sure if you mentioned it or not. Does that compressor oil internally or is it lubricating off the engine oil?[/QUOTE]

The Kenne Bell is a twin screw compressor. It is dry at the screws but the front gears have their own lube system running gear oil filled at the top of the housing. The rears are permanently lubed bearings.

FNF

Not sure if you mentioned it or not. Does that compressor oil internally or is it lubricating off the engine oil?[/QUOTE]

The Kenne Bell is a twin screw compressor. It is dry at the screws but the front gears have their own lube system running gear oil filled at the top of the housing. The rears are permanently lubed bearings.

FNF

What's supporting the blower and the bracketry? It looks it would put a lot of stress on just the intake alone. I'm sure you probably thought of this already but without a pic of the driveside of the engine I couldn't really tell. It looks totally insane by the way, I'm sure it will be ridiculously fast once it's in.

Any updates on this?

Sorry Guys, this has been a long drawn out build. After the engine was built I had to finish a lot of mods including;

Rebuilding the AW15 and modifying the shift accumulators and adding the RAD rock and rail shifters
Rebuiding the NP231 with 1-1/4 chain and 6 pinion panetary
Installing a D44 with 4:56 gears, chromo axles, ARB, ZJ discs with EBC rotors and pads
Installing a trussed D30 with 4:56 gears chromo axles, ARB WJ discs with Akebono calipers, EBC rotors and pads, over the knuckle steering, AGR Super Box and Super Pump, and Currie antirock sway bar.
Adding a 3 core radiator with tripple electric fans and dual Optima Yellow tops.
I added JCR Stage 4 rear bumper and carrier, as well as their front Baja bumper and rock rails. All those were coated with POR-15 and Raptor.
The body was stripped and repainted GM Gunmetal Metalic and the roof and lower body was coated with Raptor.
I added a JCR light bar and Kargo Master rack both finished in Raptor as well as the Bushwacker cutout flares along with JCR upper and lower rear quarter armor. I add a custom fit competition style gas door.
Delta alogen lighting was added - 4 front light bar mount, 2 - rear light bar mount. 2-front bumper loop mount and headlight housings with HID kit.
A Lund sunvisor completes the outside and WJ mirrors
Underneath I went with a Treks long arm kit with skid plates and stiffeners, RE coils with Acos and Alcan leaves for a 6" lift. Shocks are Rancho RS9000XL Pro Series Remote Reservoir shocks all around.
Inside I stripped out the interior and installed ACC vinyl flooring, and the compete interior (less seats) from a 97 limited in the saddle tan color. I put in Mastercraft Baja RS front seats and a Mastercraft Wrangler back seat.
For sound I went with a Kenwood head unit with motorized screen for DVD, Nav and Backup camera and Kenwood speakers all around. I put in LED hatch lights and rear power ports on each side.
I still have to put on the fiberglass cowl induction hood and modify it with an additional bulge to cover the blower and install the Warn PowerPlant winch.

NOW FOR THE ENGINE -
Once insalled, I fired it up. It ran for about 2 minutes and shut down sputtering and popping. For that two minutes it sound like a lion through the Borla exhaust system. I did some reasearching and put in an AEM FI/C unit with patch harness. It still would not light up. I sprayed in a very little amount of starting fluid and it would run on it. After checking I found I was not getting fuel. Evidently that is what made it go lean & shut down and I thought it was something with the open/closed loop settings. Right now, before replacing the fuel pump, I am trying to trace the circuit to see if with all the rewiring I did something to the circuit. I should have that all figured out next week. ( I'm out of town on business this week). I'll post again when I start it up.

Thanks for the interest

FNF

What's supporting the blower and the bracketry? It looks it would put a lot of stress on just the intake alone. I'm sure you probably thought of this already but without a pic of the driveside of the engine I couldn't really tell. It looks totally insane by the way, I'm sure it will be ridiculously fast once it's in.

Everything does rest on the manifold. The pully bracket is 1" machined aluminum which is supported by the front drive snout but that is also weight on the manifold. I have not heard of that being a problem on the Kenne Bell units but I am not an engineer.

FNF

Awsome list of Upgrades!! Is this thing ever going to see dirt?

Well that is the plan. It might have to be by someone else though. I just took a job in Wichita Kansas. I lived there for a lot of years and the only rocks I ever saw were the ones the landscapers imported from out of state. I might have to trade it before I finish the break-in.

FNF

Sorry to hear that.. Are you going to finish it and do you have any more pics of it installed at least? That thing is Sick!! Good Luck with the new job anyways..

Sorry to hear that.. Are you going to finish it and do you have any more pics of it installed at least? That thing is Sick!! Good Luck with the new job anyways..

I intend on finishing it. I have a month before I have to report for the J-O-B.

And I will take pics all around when I do.

FNF

Back