• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blown Stroker Finaly Done

FearNoFish

NAXJA Forum User
It's been months since I started this motor build. It seems like every time I needed parts I was out of money. A lot of parts on this motor other than the Headers and motor mounts were off of Craigs List, E-bay, or forum for sale listings. Of course rings and bearings were new. The basic long block came from Rob Patterson of Colorado Springs, through NAXJA as did the cam and head. The blower came off of Craigs List, the ignition - ebay, the alternator - NAXJA, etc.

Motor - 4.6L Stroker
Head - BMI (Hesco prerunner)
Cam - Camshaft Inovations
Lifters & Timing Chain/Gears - Comp Cams
Blower - Kenne Bell
Exhaust - Borla
Alternator - Mean Green
Ignition - Performance Distributors
Mounts - Brown Dog
Oil & Filter - Royal Purple
Water Pump & Thermostat Housing - Hesco
Oil Pump - Melling
Gaskets - Felpro
Throttle Body - Jeepers & Creepers
Steering - AGR
Locked Harmonic Balancer - Hesco
Pistons - Speed Pro
Bearings & Rings - Speed Pro

Everything iron was painted Duplicolor Daytona Yellow Engine Enamel
Eveything aluminum was cleaned and painted Duplicolor Clear Engine Enamel

Now I am starting to rebuild the trans before I can drop it in a see if it runs.
http://i991.photobucket.com/albums/af38/FearNoFish/Stroker/DSC01482.jpg

Last edited:
fixed your pic:

DSC01482.jpg

Lookin good :D

I can't seem to get the hang of this photobucket thing.

instead of copying the "direct link" copy the text that has the IMG tags in it. or click the little pic of mountains on the top of the postbox and paste your link in there and it will add the IMG tags for you.

instead of copying the "direct link" copy the text that has the IMG tags in it. or click the little pic of mountains on the top of the postbox and paste your link in there and it will add the IMG tags for you.

Thanks Grimm. I tried that but all the showed up was a box with an X. Maybe it take a while to load or something.

Definately going to have to do some sheetmetal work on the hood.

How long is the serp belt going to be? Keep looking trying to figure out the belt routing.

Definately going to have to do some sheetmetal work on the hood.

How long is the serp belt going to be? Keep looking trying to figure out the belt routing.

I've got the belt that Kenne Bell Provided for the 4.0L Wrangler. As far a routing, remember that there is a A/C compressor that has to be mounted.

Fudge yeah!!!! That thing is gunna stick way thru the hood, but itll be wicked bitchin!!

Whats the plan for the computer side of this monster? How about some more specs?

Fudge yeah!!!! That thing is gunna stick way thru the hood, but itll be wicked bitchin!!

Whats the plan for the computer side of this monster? How about some more specs?

I'm still mulling over options for the hood situation. If I could figure it out I am leaning toward a shaker type cover for the blower that is attached to the manifold in some way and seals to the underside of the hood when closed. The intake is going to be routed to the cowl via a modified THOR intake. It would look cool with the shaker cover in a matt texured black.

I'm looking to Kenne Bell for help on the ECU. I have one that they provided for the Wrangler but I don't know how it would work in my situation. KB stopped making a 4.0 kit a while back but I think they can still rework my ECU if it comes to that.

Now it would be a mistake if anyone mistook me for an expert in what I am doing. I am learning things as I go along and I am sure that I will be doing some backtracking but thats half the fun.

This is basicly a Golen Stroker that fried the cam bearings. Its running 9:1 compression with the KB at 8 lbs of boost. I should be ok for the elevation I'm in but don't know what would happen if I were at sea level.

FNF

That is a thing of beauty. Makes me want to go out in the shop and stare at the M90 some more. Thats essentially how I plan to mount it.

~ Stump

You going to be able to see around that blower? I know Lysholms are relatively small, but...

I'd not mind seeing your notebook on the project. Looks like you're running it all off of a single belt, with a double idler up by the blower to keep wrap on P/S and S/C?

how will your throttle cables hook up?
looks awesome by the way.
i'm not a fan of the yellow but it still is stunning.

The aluminum arm that projects from the throttle body mount is bored and threaded to attach a fabbed bracket to hold cables. I'll have to wait until I drop it in to do the final hook-ups.

As for the yellow, I wanted something that would reflect light in and around the engine. It is so hard to see a lot of the nut & bolts in the engine bay anyway and a dark color just sucks up light.

Thanks for the props.

As I progress, I will make other posts that will undoubtedly expose alot of misconceptions on my part.

FNF

FearNoFish -
are you by chance one of the RRO guys over in Heber? I used to work over on Main Street PC a while back, you'll have some nice hill climbs in the area to power up, no doubt... See if you can pull Donner Pass at 90 some night, wouldja?

Very impressive.

FearNoFish -
are you by chance one of the RRO guys over in Heber? I used to work over on Main Street PC a while back, you'll have some nice hill climbs in the area to power up, no doubt... See if you can pull Donner Pass at 90 some night, wouldja?

Not affiliated with Rocky Road but a couple of the guys in my local Jeep Club (Heber Jeepers) work for them.

Yeah, My ultimate goal is to blow off some of those Subaru WRX
guys. Park City is all Subarus and Birkenstocks.

Back