• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BF Goodrich tire pressure?

Jackhill442 said:
Trust me, here's what you do: If your Jeep is pretty close to stock weight, run around 33. Not below 30 or above 36. It doesn't really matter if you are in that range. Wear will be even. The lower in the range, the cushier the ride. The higher in this range, the sharper the steering and handling. Your choice. Also, rotate them front to rear every 10,000 miles. Keep the left tires on the left side and right on right for the entire life of them, just go front to back every 10,000. Also, get under there and check your toe. Measure the distance of the front of the tires and the rear of the tires. Should be as close to the same as possible. Be as precise as you can. Once you get the toe at 0, you are set, as Jeeps almost never come out of alignment unless you hit a building at 80 mph. With this, 50,000 miles or many more should be easy on those tires.

Agree with all of this accept the rotation proceedure. Theres no reason to not rotate side to side. These arent directional tires so they can run any direction. The early days of not changing the direction of rotation for radial tires is long gone. There absolutley no reason to not rotate four or five ways now.
I rotate mine clockwise around the vehicle. You dont need to go in a "Z" pattern if you rotate regularly. the whole point in rotating is to change the wear of each tire by changing its position on the vehicle, as long as you are doing that regularly, you cant go wrong.

Back