• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best of Craigslist

I sent him the following email:

Thanks for the laugh! "Special ordered on a grand Cherokee frame" huh? Grand Cherokees and Cherokees are unibody vehicles..... never had frames. There was never any option to upgrade these Cherokees the way you claim yours has been. You should also do some studying up on the "V6" and in-line 6 cylinder engines. All Cherokees and grand Cherokees had in-line 6 cylinder engines.

So in short...... your Cherokee is no more special than all the rest of the Cherokees that rolled off the assembly line......

Here's the reply I got:

"FYI..it was a special order back then and is 4" longer and 1.7" wider than the standard Grand Cherokee...."

:rolleyes:

you should go look at it -- drive the BOR rig and bring a tape measure for some laughs.

Here's the reply I got:

"FYI..it was a special order back then and is 4" longer and 1.7" wider than the standard Grand Cherokee...."

:rolleyes:
Sounds like quite a story teller.

Apparently this tool seems to think that in 1990, the Cherokee and "Grand Cherokee" were full frame vehicles. I gotta think he's not too confused that he thinks the WJ/ZJ platform was available in '90 so he's gotta be thinking his XJ has the frame from a FSJ Wagoneer..........

Good lord there are some ignoramoses out there.

ROR. Although if the workmanship on the cage/chop are good, it really isn't that bad a price for a rig that just needs an axle swap -- the fastback soft top is cool, and the 38's/beadlocks are worth maybe half the asking price...

I'd buy it right now if I had the cash as long as it looked at least as good in person as it does in those pictures. Swap my 1ton axles over to it and sell his rims/tires for what I paid for it. 42's should fit on that, right? :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back