• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best of Craigslist

Not only an idiot. A bold faced lier. Kinda makes you want to call the number and ask about this ZJ "frame" option and see what his explaination is haha!

Oh, and an inline V6 is similar to a rotary V8, not unlike the rare inline radial 4... jeez, go hang around a parts store and get educated...

I sent him the following email:

Thanks for the laugh! "Special ordered on a grand Cherokee frame" huh? Grand Cherokees and Cherokees are unibody vehicles..... never had frames. There was never any option to upgrade these Cherokees the way you claim yours has been. You should also do some studying up on the "V6" and in-line 6 cylinder engines. All Cherokees and grand Cherokees had in-line 6 cylinder engines.

So in short...... your Cherokee is no more special than all the rest of the Cherokees that rolled off the assembly line......

See yalll are tards too, in 1990 the grand did indeed have a frame FSJ remember duh
He's still full o shit though :D

And Cherokees did come with a 2.8l v6, just not in 1990.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sent him the following email:

I sent him an email as well... Figured I would troll on this a little bit and see what he says!

Hey! I'm interested in your cherokee! I was curious on a few things though. I saw you have 2 ads up. One says its been adult owned for 11 years, the other says you are the original owner?

The other thing I was curious about was the Grand Cherokee frame. I have heard these are much stronger and more modify alot easier. How much was that option from the factory?

Also, do you know which axles it has? The 1 ton axles are awesome, I hope it has those!

Thanks!

"Great project car...1990 Jeep Cherokee Laredo, loaded. Needs transmission. One owner, car special ordered on Grand Cherokee frame. Extra stable for off-roading. Inline V6 engine in great condition, very high mileage. Passed emissions inspection. Lots of extras (moonroof/sunroof, power windows, A/C, etc.). Few dents, but no frame damage. Only serious buyers; must close with cash or at bank. $1200 OBO. Want to move it now. 303.257.4776."

Hey man, I was wondering if this thing was still available. I've been searching for a new XJ for a while now ever since I rolled my last one. I do have a couple questions though...

1) Exactly what Grand Cherokee frame option does it have? There were 2 different variants available that year and want to see if it has the same one as my last XJ so I can swap parts over easily.

2) Exactly how many miles are on it? Are they mostly highway?

3) Do you know what axles it has? Does it have the 1 ton package or just the normal ones?

4) Can you send me some more pictures please?

Thanks man, hope to hear back from you.

:D I swear, I'm a serious buyer with serious questions.

dumbass said:
Don't know the axles, sorry. I'll pull the purchase records tomorrow night and get you the specifics. It has 275+k on it, about 200k highway. Engine still runs great. The turn ratio is 104.3, and it is sweet. My new (used) overland isn't nearly as tight.
doc

me said:
Oh cool man thanks, yeah I'm really digging it. It sounds a lot like my previous XJ was.

The miles are pretty high, but if they were mostly highway then I'm not worried. Highway miles don't wear out parts like city miles.

So how bad is the transmission? Will it still drive or would I have to tow it home? Do you know what transmission it has? Some of the 90's had the Toyota 5spd automatic in them while others had an AMC 4spd automatic. They're very similar but the Toyota one costs more to replace.

This guy is awesome, he's going to look up his purchase records for me.

Lets see what he says about the transmission thing. :D

what turn ratio is he talking about?

Im kinda bummed... nothing back yet on my email... Anything to you Troy?

what turn ratio is he talking about?

Oh you dont know???!!!! Its very important in figuring the "adjusted rolling differential" where you measure from the bottom to the top, then across the top, then back to the bottom, then the width. Add them together and multiply by the turn ratio and you can see how much of the road your jeep would take up in a rollover at 20mph with a 400lb load.(provided you have more than a half a tank of gas and are using the correct weight oil... duh!).

:huh:

I assume (yah, I know...) that he means the doors are removable.

"I love the vehicle, but I'm a newlywed, and my wife just doesn't enjoy four-wheeling"

Poor choice there... Just wait until she is done molding him into what she wants him to be.

Yep, I hate owning pets but I let my wife convince me to get dog. I've been upset ever since.

But what would your wife say if your hobby was getting drunk and cruising the local strip clubs for prostitutes and blow? My wife made me get rid of that hobby, but she does let me keep the Jeep so thats good. Although sometimes I think the Jeep is more expensive. :D

Never had any of those hobbies. Lol.
So I don't have to worry if she likes it or not.

She likes my jeep. She is a tattoo artist so she likes ink. My biggest 2 hobbies.
In the 5 years we have been together she has never tried to tell me what I can and can't do.

But what would your wife say if your hobby was getting drunk and cruising the local strip clubs for prostitutes and blow? My wife made me get rid of that hobby, but she does let me keep the Jeep so thats good. Although sometimes I think the Jeep is more expensive. :D

I see absolutely nothing wrong with that hobby, well maybe the blow gets a little spendy

^^Blow is way too pricey these days for a Hobby... Now, if a Hobby can be made to support itself by say, selling off excess hobby materials acquired by an accidental fit of exuberance then, no problems! Right?

Back