• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BadLands in the winter, (Lotsa pix, 56k beware)

boost_fr3@k

NAXJA Forum User
so..just got back from my first trip to the badlands...and it was awesome! :)

I got pretty stuck, my buddy got pretty stuck, all in all, it was a fulfilling day!

The Players:
DSC02021.jpg

DSC01994-1.jpg

DSC02028.jpg

DSC02029.jpg

DSC02045.jpg

Then I got my rear diff stuck when I slid sideways off a rock:
DSC02008.jpg

Jacked it up with the high lift to do some neat rock stacking:
DSC02009.jpg

Then my buddy found out that half the quarry floor is actually a frozen pond, or lake, or something:
DSC02011.jpg

DSC02012.jpg

I had to tow him out of the ice.

To sum it up, two thoughts:
1) God I want 33's instead of these puny 31's
2) Cant wait to run it again when I get my aussie up front

Is this what WF is gonna be like? All snowy?

Nick, that was some real good climbing you did on the end of that first video. Makes me want to jump in my rig and head for Attica. :)

mine is nearly stock and I ran trail 21 at Redbird. It is an easy trail except for the two hole(first one is filled in some now from what i hear) Your jeep looks pretty capable to me! :D

I took a look down the green trails at the rock quarry, and none of them looked "green". What kind of rig usually runs the green and medium (I'm assuming thats orange) trails?
33's and locked at least at 1 end for orange but it can get crazy depending on conditions. green is for stock but again if it is muddy it will vary around the quarry you may not be on the green as many trails have been cut that could get confusing

Nick, that was some real good climbing you did on the end of that first video. Makes me want to jump in my rig and head for Attica. :)

Thanks It was wet and slick with snow . Yeah I was suprised when the tires just hooked up and went right up..

Nick

33's and locked at least at 1 end for orange but it can get crazy depending on conditions. green is for stock but again if it is muddy it will vary around the quarry you may not be on the green as many trails have been cut that could get confusing

yea, it was kinda confusing.

I'm lifted 4.5" on 31's, and hoping to be locked in the front by march. Would that suffice for some of the easier orange trails?

yea, it was kinda confusing.

I'm lifted 4.5" on 31's, and hoping to be locked in the front by march. Would that suffice for some of the easier orange trails?

I have ran orange open/open with 31s.

I have ran orange open/open with 31s.

any body damage? like i said before every trail can get more difficult when you add water. Orange has become easier over the years. Just do not go it alone for your first time and remember that you will be going down a trail that has ruts deeper than 31's. yes it can be done. tow points and a good strap may be needed.

well...I'm hoping to have the tow points handled by the end of next week. A local 4x4 shop is going to be fabbing up a front bumper for me (assuming all goes well). I'm not sure I want to risk the ruts tho. I only have a diff guard on the front. and I have to drive my rig home, no trailer for me :D

I have run it on 3" lift and 31's. I avoided a few of the deepest holes. I tried to at least keep the headlights above the water/mud.

Don't worry your be fine. Yeah the tow points will be good just in case..

Don't forget the fire extinguisher.

Nick

Back