• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Azusa, 6-17 official thread, roll call

I'll give you a 20.43275%. I'll be dropping a friend off at Ontario airport just before noon. Since I'll already be past the edge of the world and half way there I may just load up the heep ahead of time. IF I do show up, is the place fairly open/somewhat easy to find you guys? I've never been there, it's on the dark side of the I-15.

;)

• Mud sucks almost as much as gravity!

Hey bent...it sure is easy to find..exactly what time are you dropping off your friend.....maybe we can hang and wait for you....it is easy to find, but would be better if we go out there together!

Is there other stuff to do there, other than the mud pit? Is there anywhere to just screw aroung in the dirt with hills and stuff? Something my stocker on crappy tires can do? If not, I may flake (the wife doesn't dig the mud pit pics:shocked: )but would like to go and meet new jeepers!!!!:confused1

tcm glx said:
Hey bent...it sure is easy to find..exactly what time are you dropping off your friend.....maybe we can hang and wait for you....it is easy to find, but would be better if we go out there together!

Her flight is at 11:50. I don't expect to be back on the Fwy until 12 noon. I'm going to be in the Jeep so I can't get lost. Do you have a cel phone? We could swap #'s, trying to predetermine a CB channel may not work so well. I don't want you guys waiting on me in the event that I don't show up.

TIM

There is no cel phone coverage there.....there is some walls with some pretty beefy rocks to crawl around on...there ia actually alot more to do than mud......If you would like, i can lock myself into CB Channel 10.......just call out for Tony , we probably will not leave jack in the box until about noon......from the airport, it will take you about 15-20 minutes max.......If you are an absolute confirmation, we can wait for you for about 15 more minutes....

tcm glx said:
...i can lock myself into CB Channel 10.......just call out for Tony...

That works for me. If I head out there, I'll find you guys. There cant be that many station wagons.

Id love to try out Azusa, but my daughter is graduating as Valedictorian.

Did I mention she's Valedictorian?

Bent said:
That works for me. If I head out there, I'll find you guys. There cant be that many station wagons.

Sweet!!! When you get out there, there is an $8 fee to go in..there is all kinds of stuff, sand, mud, rock, etc etc etc!

tcm glx said:
Sweet!!! When you get out there, there is an $8 fee to go in..there is all kinds of stuff, sand, mud, rock, etc etc etc!

Don't forget water crossings. Lots and lots of water crossings. Oh, and just so everyone knows; there is absolutely NO alcohol permitted on the land. Not that anyone here gets tipsed and then wheels, but there were A LOT of open container tickets written last weekend.

tcm glx said:
WarWagon, u still on?

Oh I'll be there, and I'm bringin my bouncy tire rack too. Lets see if I can't break more of my dust light this weekend. One thing we ought to do though, is take that second water crossing as a group. It can get hairy, and I don't want somebody to be left behind stuck.

Sounds good....i have not been there in a few months, but last time I was ok on the second water crossing......

WHERE ARE THE PICS?

I don't feel too much like resizing, so just deal w/the big pictures. kthx.

Well, the first interesting part of the day was the :shocked: stuck H2.
IMG_0150.jpg

We were the first to try, but that thing was STUCK
IMG_0149.jpg

And people wonder why Wranglers get a bad "off-roading" name
IMG_0158.jpg

Then I thought I'd try and be a nice guy to get the Wrangler out......
IMG_0157.jpg

Still trying......
IMG_0156.jpg

Then it was Kevin's turn to play in the mud. His two sons LOVED it....
IMG_0160.jpg

Lastly, my girls' reaction to the answer I gave her when she asked if I had more fun at Azusa, than if I'd gone with her to get her nails done......
IMG_0161.jpg

SO nobody from the group got Stuck?

I went the day after to let the boys play in the mud...

Saw a cool chopped XJ...
100_5228.jpg

Large trucks burried deep... I think it took 3 Rigs in line to get him out...
100_5231.jpg

Lots of others Burried deep...
100_5237.jpg

Chopped XJ Deep
100_5239.jpg

and up close
100_5240.jpg

There were very few areas that I could go in the mud that day... most had been dug out by the guys with 44" tires...

None of us got stuck, fortunately....I am thinking we need a big XJ trip to Azusa..say maybe the third sunday of july...what do you all think??

Back