• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

As I have never been to Attica before

TRL WGN 1

NAXJA Forum User
Which trail/trails should I expect to run?

Rig (as long as it all comes together by then) will be 5-5.5" of lift, welded 8.8 rear, detroited 30 front, skids and rails, 32" TSL's, Warn 8000# and little fear of body damage (meaning every door and fender is already bashed in, but would like to keep the top straight ;) .

Just asking to maybe get an idea what the trails are like to help myself and for others to learn as well. I know several of you have been there numerous times. I however have only wheeled on the family farm, although it is not always an easy joy ride.

Plus, I didn't know if you guys are doing a sign up for trails, where only so many are allowed on certain trails, and it is first come first serve? This is the way that TRJC does their public events, and the good trails fill up fast. Just wanting to get a jump, if needed.

Thanks as always
Kyle

You'll be good for orange and pink, Vug and I ran pink (hard trail) last year, he had 32's and I had 33's, both open in front and locked rear, orange is easier but still alot of fun, tight winding up and down. Green trail is more for the stockers.

I don't believe you have to sign up, just show up and go with the group you feel most comfortable with.

Lookin forward to wheelin with ya, that is if my Jeep is done

I figured I would be able to attempt the harder trails, but you never know, right?
Yeah, I am running the same tires as Vug, but I have them on wider wheels. Plus, I intend to have a little more flex than Vug's stiff legged beast. :lol:
So, what are you trying to get done to yours? I know you were going to swap axles, but then you weren't sure. So, are you going ahead with the transformation?
Looking forward to wheeling with you as well.

yea, starting my full width d44/9" conversion this weekend, then the 36x12.5 TSL's will go on, runnin 5.42ish gears, detroit up front and spool in the rear, using the radius arm set up in the front so I'll have "long arms" and a total of about 9" or so of total lift, not including the body lift LOL!!!! :lol:

also just finished a motor swap, transplanted a 23k mile motor out of a 99 XJ, so it should run better too.

Fore "should've went for the 38's" Wheeler

yeah, with that much lift, 38's shouldn't have been a problem.

Just get out the saw and start cutting! Plus, with 5.42 gears, you should have plenty of grunt. Heck, I will just be running 4.10's because that is what came in the 8.8, so it was the cheaper route for now but will be much better than the curent 3.55's.

I now have the 8.8 hanging from the leafs, still need to weld the perches and such, and I am putting the t-case back in tonight, had a bearing and seal shoot craps on me. Will be pulling the front axle this week, and hope to get it set up over the weekend, or the first of next week. Then, if all the stuff arrives, put it back together with the new control arms, new track bar, and the extra 2" of lift.

TRL-lots of wrenching left to do-WGN 1

Kyle, you can pretty much go anywhere you want to in the park with that setup.

Dan, what the hell are you doing at 9" and 36's? Get some real tires :twisted:

Sean

Hey Sean, thanks. Good to see you back on here. Haven't heard anything from you in a while.
I didn't think I would have much trouble, until I break one of my massive 260 joints :roll:
Just hope to get it all together, and get my trailor ready.

[quote:acaf9183fd="OneTonXJ"]
Dan, what the hell are you doing at 9" and 36's? Get some real tires :twisted:

Sean[/quote:acaf9183fd]

:flipoff: Yea, I know, I was thinkin just today that I could prob stick 38's under there, we'll see, maybe I'll bring it down a little before it's all done, and then to see Steve S sons XJ, holly sh!t!!!! I hate being out done by a 13 year old!!!!!

Back