• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are we there yet?

Hmm, first timer here.

I've still got to fix my front track bar issues, recovery points, 2 new meats, I'm lcas, a bit of spring juggling, and an SYE away from being able to go up to 5" or so, so repeat the entire process...

get around to putting the ZJ parking brake cables and assemblies on, finish trimming and painting and sealing and moving the gas tank up and into the cab and adding a .50 cal gun & surface to surface missiles to the rear (just kidding, the gas tank is staying where it is).

tierod is in waiting on tires, rear locker, gas tank skid then i will consider her tellico ready..... all that fluff like the front bumper and winch will be icing on the cake if i manage to get in the OT at work :D

btw if anyone has a recommendation on a good gas tank skid i'm open to suggestions....

I have a tomkin it goes on without removing the hitch
not all folks like it but it has taken a beatin from me and held up fine at tellico
I can complain anyway it was free

shortxjdoug said:
tierod is in waiting on tires, rear locker, gas tank skid then i will consider her tellico ready..... all that fluff like the front bumper and winch will be icing on the cake if i manage to get in the OT at work :D

btw if anyone has a recommendation on a good gas tank skid i'm open to suggestions....
OK fabrications :D
http://www.rockhardxj.com/viewtopic.php?t=815

just over 9 million seconds left...r u ready? My xj is on jackstands now and the OBA is still not done...still have to fix my track bar...fixed the wifes rustys track bar with a new tierod end from advanced and promptly bent the end on the rock pile at the shop... :(

ill be trailering my x up there for this. heres my list. most parts are in transit now so i should have all insatalled

D44 for rear with 4.88's
regear the front with 4.88's and drop in a locker
cut the fender slightly
install the new case with PORC sye and pick up a front DS for the rear

hopefully i will have my AEV's by then also :)

Too much to do!!!!!

yellowxj said:
9pm? I thought it was later...:) good times...I'm going to have enough lights to make my xj hover

I think it was more like 1030ish. It felt like 2 AM...talk about 'pucker facotr'...especially after having rolled just a couple hours before!!

DSC01628.jpg

SO CLOSE!!!!!

i'm gonna bite the bullet and get the 34x10.50 ltb's then locker and gas tank skid........ notice the hd tierod, i'm not going for a repeat of last year!

you'll love the swampers, you'll just hate them on road.

got the new trackbar finisehd up today, nect up, coil spacers. Couldn't get one of my bumpstop cups to come out. I need a pipe wrench that's larger. I think I bent it or jammed it at flatnasty.
Also found one of my u-joints ready to lose a c-clip, so I've got to take apar hat axleshaft.

yellowxj said:
8.4 million seconds left...lots of time to break stuff then fix it again...
Get to work on that Isuzu you slacker! I got to get it together first, then I can try to break it.

so, got the new bumper prepped for paint last night, it's hanging from the ceiling in the garage waiting for primer.

gonna get the alignment up to snuff this weekend, fix some random stuff, get the bumper installed along with the coil spacers.

Gonna have to get new shocks all the way round before the crawl, When I jacked up the front end and put it on stands the shocks stopped my front axle from drooping about 3 inches.
I want that three inches of travel damnit.

so, things were going well with the heep, I was getting ready to go.
Then the turdy five exploded.
so add "axleswap" to my to do list.
I'll have an 8.8 this weekend. Gonna suck not having the detroit back there. How I loved the locker.

I got the Spacers, rear shock mounts done and ended up going with Shims instead of cutting the old perches off.

Really only have need to have the CB tuned and tweaked and rebuild my old rear DS. anything else is just bonus stuff.

Oh and I have to add some parts to the trophy for this years lucky winner.

good luck.

My to do list just increased. After the FJOA scramble this weekend and a few broken parts I now have to add

Replace front PS inner shaft
new u-joints for the DS??? just a guess at this time need to investigate the noise.
Blew out the rear main need to replace that now as well.

Back