• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Built 1999 Cherokee XJ

turbobrick

NAXJA Forum User
I had this XJ built by Dr. Smash in Carson City, NV. He did the vast majority of the work on it, and the fabrication is amazing. I intended to keep her forever, but my mom is sick, and I now have different priorities.

The build is mostly new, less than 5k miles on all the major stuff, under 2k on the engine. She was built to drive to and from the trail, and is a pleasure to drive.

This XJ is featured in the February 2017 issue of Petersen's 4 Wheel and Offroad.

$19,000

Powertrain:
Golen 4.6 stroker with roller rockers, new with only 2k miles
Gibson ceramic header
Holley injectors
Rebuilt AW4 with shift kit and Innovative cooler and mechanical thermostat
Wide ratio 4 speed Atlas with High Angle driveline brake
High Angle 1350 CV driveshafts

Axles:
Front: Ruffstuff 9" housing with extra armor, Reid kingpin inner and outer Cs, Reid bronze bushings, Blue Torch billet lower kingpins, Solid spindles and ARP studs, Stage 8 hardware, Artec High steer arms in double shear, True Hi9 dual load bolt third, ARB, 5.38s, Lube Locker, RCV 300m inner and outer shafts, Wilwood calipers, Yukon Hardcore hubs
Rear: Ruffstuff 9" housing with extra armor, full float with Ruffstuff kingpin spindle cups, Solid spindles with ARP studs, Stage 8 hardware, Yukon nodular load bolt third, Grizzly locker, Motive 5.38s, Lube Locker, RCV 300m double splined shafts, RCV slugs

Suspension:
Front: 3 link, 1.25 heims, Radflo 2.0 coilovers, Radflo bumps, Antirock with Wide Open Design double shear ends
Rear: Alcan military wrapped springs with Orbit Eyes, custom shackles, Radflo shocks, slip-n-twist traction bar with pinion guard and skid integrated

Steering:
PSC hydro assist with PSC box, double shear pitman, 7/8 heims throughout, Smashbilt huge reservoir, finned aluminum cooler, abrasion resistant hydraulic lines with all JIC fittings

Tires/Wheels:
(5) 37" MT/Rs, 17' Raceline Monster beadlocks

Body:
Full frame plating, 1.75 DOM exo with integrated flares, JCR quarter panel armor, rear bumper air tank, tire/fuel/hi lift/fire extinguisher carrier, Warn comp winch with Factor 55 thimble, built in aluminum pull out storage drawer across whole rear cargo area, second battery under rear floor, JCR tank skid, sPod, Trail Gear 40" curved light bar, 8 Highlander rock lights, gusseted motor mount area, Brown Dog motor mounts, full skids on powertrain, detachable steering wheel, Mastercraft Rubicon seats, Cobra CB, Lizardskin ceramic coating inside cabin

Misc:
Ron Davis aluminum radiator, custom overflow tank, new OEM AC fan with thermostat to turn on for extra engine cooling, 12 Volt Guy dual battery kit and in cab winch switch panel, ZJ mechanical fan, all plumbing with AN hose and fittings, AC compressor converted to OBA, ARB compressor for back up, cowl intake, custom aluminum catch can for diff/trans/transfer case vents all plumbed to cowl, winch solenoids under hood, Powertank air switch for ARB, quart crate and coolant storage in hatch, new rear window and seal, new windshield.

Spares:
High Angle driveshaft with joints that fits front and rear, spare front cromo shafts with CTMs, spare Solid spindle, two spare rear cromo shafts, pre-made hydraulic lines, suspension and steering heims left and right, extra double shear pitman, wheel bearings and seals, AC compressor, and more.

Amazing rig

A friend asked, can't you buy one already built? I'm in the middle of my lift and I'm thinkin, why did I not buy one already built. Oh well! Too late now, but I don't think I would want anything better than your setup. Someone is goina get a nice XJ

wow !

Back