• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2001 Jeep Cherokee- Ex Law Enforcement- lifted, locked, extras

highspeed

NAXJA Forum User
Background: This is a former State Of Kentucky Law Enforcement XJ for the Department of Natural Resources. That only means it has full rubber flooring from the factory and a police spotlight on the drivers A pillar(spot light needs bulb). These are rare to find at all, much less in White.

Mileage: 123xxx

Drivetrain: 4.0 w/AW4 trans, runs great with great oil pressure.

Modifications (from front to rear): Custom built front bumper with 10k LB Warn Winch, Dana 30 with 4.10 gears and Eaton E-Locker, Bilstein External Res. Shocks, Rough Country Long arms with rebuilt joints, Full Currie Curreclync Steering setup, extended brake lines, Rustys 4.5" coils with 2" boost, full length custom rock sliders, full long arm belly kit from Rough Country with transmission and T-case skid covers, zj longer front driveshaft, Tom Woods rear drive shaft with SYE on 242 Transfer case, Ford 8.8 rearend with 4.10 gears and Aussie Locker, rear disc brake conversion, custom rear bumper with hitch receiver and trailer light hook-up, rear biltein shocks, Rusty's 6.5" leaves and greaseable shackles, tires are 35"x12.5 General Grabbers with less than 2k miles(new spare included), CB with Firestik, I know I am forgetting some things. Also has the high idle switch in the center console, another police package function (helps with winching).

Issues: Small leak from driver side valve cover gasket(usual), Squeaks like a lifted built jeep, windows are for police use so rear window controls on the rear doors do not work, headliner was sagging so I pulled it out but have it complete, driver front wheel bearing is squeaky since I have not been driving the XJ very often (could need replacing), crack along the bottom of the windshield, dents and dings but no missing glass or anything, passenger taillight has a crack on the base (not the lense) and either needs to be glued or replaced but everything works fine. Every once and a while I will get a CEL for my coil, but replaced it recently and have been fine.

Comes with, depending on the trade: 97 long block for rebuild, spare axle shafts for the D30, spare Currie tie rod ends, spare u-joints for everything, fullsize spare tire that has never seen the pavement. High lift jack. Small fire extinguisher, jumper cables, etc.

I love this jeep. This was my DD for 2 years until I bought a truck. It has been all over the southeast and I wouldn't hesitate taking it anywhere right now. I really want to keep it, and may do that still, but I just feel like she is rotting away in the corner of my driveway. I am in grad school and work full time.......and I have a family, so my truck is just a better all around vehicle right now. She isn't perfect, but she will crawl with the best of them and get you to work on Monday if you want. I changed all fluids religiously. Oil changes every 3k miles or less. I don't get to drive this jeep like I want or use to. I currently have the doors off of it, but they have not been modified yet to be removable, so I can just bolt them back on.

I am looking to sell for $5200 firm to you guys/gals here, or only trade for a Hobie PA14 or PA12 and some boot(or a Hobie and a stockish XJ 4x4). For pictures send me a text at two-0-five 5-two-zero 61seven one. Or send me a private message here.

Back