• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are we there yet?

yellowxj

NAXJA Forum User
Cherokee Crawl Countdown

So theres a little over 12 million seconds left...whats on you list of things you'll be doing to your Jeep before you go?

I've got to install some proper fire extinguisher mounts, spare tire and get a new driveshaft for yellowxj...wifes xj needs to have the tierod end replaced on her rustys tracbar...:)

Last edited:
Finish out some things in the internal/ exo cage and start finding spare parts.

Install the front receiver hitch that should come in this week... and hopefully sliders if $$$ will allow...

Probably won't make the Crawl this year :(

Getting married the weekend before and honeymooning 2 weeks following :) But the XJ may be close by as we'll be honeymooning in Amicalola Falls and might take a trip to Tellico with YellowXJ and co.

He HE this should be intresting. Switch 9" and D44 to the new 94 body. Cut floor for the 203/205, build new floor. Build cage, internal or external or both. Build new rock rails. Build/get new rear bumper, install old 5k fab bumper. That is off the top of my head. I know there is lots more to do. :helpme:

Get the jeep running properly...

4 x 4 linkage hook up corectly
find out why it does not seem to shift into 3rd
seems to be runnging too hot but mught be the shifting problem
get the lift off the old jeep and on the new one

and somewhere along the line find the $$ to be there...:)

Jeez...my list blows, but luckily my house just sold and my chemo is done !!!

- regear d30 and install front Aussie locker
- install AJs rails
- get disc'd 9" from friend and add detroit/4.56s/install everything
- then add spacers/5on5.5 conversion to d30
- install front rigidco bumper and rear reciever hitch
- then buy some 35s
- then buy a 231 and hd SYE and new rear ds
- then TNT LAs
- then odds and ends like more armor/recovery stuff/high lift mount, etc..

Not much heh

sooo i'm not gonna break on the first day this time........ i hope rear locker 33's or 35's and tie up some loose ends

beat the trackbar loose in mine last saturday....got to get a new heim on that and I worked one of my LCA's loose...can feel the axle shift back and forth when I go from reverse to drive...funny huh?

Going to the tellico clean up this saturday so we'll see what else is almost worn out :)

put a good dent in my todo list this weekend. Not really much to do this year.

Drivers side ball joints done
C-rok Steering bracket in
new rear lift gate struts (no more vice grips on the strut)
Axle seals done as well.

left to do.
Raise rear axle shock mounts
Move reweld new spring perches in rear to correct pinion angle (I may just keep using shims)
rebuild the drive shaft I broke last year for a spare this year
new front springs or spacer to level out the front
Have the CB tuned

Wish list
Box in Frame rails

What to do......let's see.

Pack Russ off to the hills cause I CAN"T BE THERE!

Heard something about a pinion bearing (soon).

There's no way he's going to be able to scrounge parts for that D44 (going to 8 lug to match the 14 bolt)

New rock lights

Paint the front ARMORED FENDERS hint hint

installed my c-rock steering brace today..... waiting on jam nuts for the hd tierod, and a rear locker.... i'll get there yet :D

merlintocherokee said:
BTW Curtis, if ya'll get the tractor trailer rig will you reserve a spot for Russ's rig please?

Trying to get ahold of my contact for the rig, I haven't seen or talked to him in about three months, but if I get something hooked up you have a spot.

Back