• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone know a good place for cheap yota thirds?

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
i recently threw some used 33/12.5/15s on my 86 IFS 4runner and some 3" rear leaves. it was already gutless with the 31 a/ts. havent driven it yet since i need a rear brake drum, bleed brakes, etc still, long story there....

so i need some 5.29s. any one know
ive been finding 5.29 rear thirds and entire axles for under 250$ alot, found a few for under around 150$ for the entire rear welded with 5.29s..., but they sell within hours of posting.

anyone got any secret spots? im mostly interested in the rear, i figure ill pull the IFS chunk soon enough and swap in some 5.29s in there too. saw a guy with a 5.29 ifs chunk for 100$ a while back....

also, the 59 willys rear tapered axle hubs are being rediculous to get off, anyone got any secrets for pulling rear hubs? i have a massive hub puller and put the tire back on for leverage. next is a overdrive for the willys and front discs...

Probably up here man.

I've been in a dudes garage who had like 4 of them sitting around. I can ask around.

srmitchel that guy has 4 5.29 thirds? find out mroe....
(open or locker preffered, but ill take welded if the price is right...)

xjenson ill contact steve

No it was some D***head dude that just had a bunch laying around. No idea what ratio.

I know a ton of people cause I worked at kragen, I'll see.

actually i traded my 96 camry after rebuilding the engine adn replacing everything on it .
i always awanted a removable top 4runner. and a willys. and a hella built cherokee....now i have all three. ill probably buy another camry this summer since ill be going back for my second masters(first was in economics) in the fall, commuting to cal state east from sacto one night a week for an MS in statistics...i traded my camry .for this 4runner. thats the second straight up vehcile trade i did in the last 4 years. i work at SMUD and take light rail to work everyday and live downtown by lightrail. i drive like 10 miles a week when im not wheeling(mostly walk to safeway and corner store). i save up the gas money for wheeling almost every weekend from may to october in the 3 4x4s....and driving on the weekends occasionaly to possible buy part out jeeps. i somehow find time to work on my two brothers cars, girl friends car, both roomates cars, and both parents cars too. and i work on various XJs often for fellow XJ owners. and drink beer.

Yeah, I know. I'm sorry. I was just being a dick. If you'd like to come to West Sac Saturday the 12 or whatever I'll probably be working on junk and throw something on the grill or order a pizza.

it was funny. i think its funny i traded my DD to build another rig. thats an additction!

tell me about it. i just scrapped two other projects for this yota i got for 400 bucks (it was a buddies, he didn't fix a cracked ex header, burned up a valve and loss compression and it now needs a new cyl head). Fix your cracked headers boys and girls.

PIC-0303.jpg

PIC-0305.jpg

i'm currently looking for a toyo 3rd anywhere in the 4's. So let me know if you find something john and i'll let you know if i find something in the 5's.
i prefer it be welded.

Last edited:
ive found tons of 5.29 thirds with lockers for 500$ or less. i also keep finding 4.88s all over . ill let ya know.

Back