• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone ever been?

Status
Not open for further replies.

funvtec

NAXJA Forum User
http://www.thecliffsinsaneterrain.com

has anyone aver been here if so how was it i have a couple friends with jeeps and misc trucks and quads and we were all thinking of going in about a month it says they have beginner stuff and most of us have minimal lifts or stock with good tires looks like it would be fun

nice pics

how is the staff? were all new to this and i'm sure we'll get stuck a few times and i don't want to get yelled at like i'm a little kid we always pull eachother out no problems and were all respectfull guys but like i said were rookies i read that there is a cherge for getting pulled out by the staff but we got pleanty of guys that can pull us out SURE LOOKS LIKE FUN!!!

it is tuff for a full size to go threw some of the trails.I destroyed my rear 1/4 panel door and it left alot of misc dents all over my bronco. they just widened #1-3 trails so more trucks can make it threw.

cameraguy said:
it is tuff for a full size to go threw some of the trails.I destroyed my rear 1/4 panel door and it left alot of misc dents all over my bronco. they just widened #1-3 trails so more trucks can make it threw.
they have a rule no trucks 110 " or longer wheelbase not allowed through so you gotta be maneuverable

Just got back actually.

It went pretty well. Considering i[2"BB and mud tires] went with 2 stock TJ. One had A/T's and the other ones had All-seasons. Had to pull him out a few times. We ended up not taking as much trails as we could. I couldnt pass a valley because i was too wide[put my pass. mirror into a tree entering it] and would endup slipping off the pipe[narrow part] they have at the bottom and then really falling into the valley. So I backed up. Had trouble getting out of some tire tracks. We had out diffitculties as expected. The trails weren't THAT muddy. But they had mud in all the wrong places. Good thing there was a built CJ that passed by that helped us out. Besides my mirror, the only thing that "broke" was that a TJ's front swaybar poped off on both ends. That was about it. Twas fun for a 1st time. Next time I'll try another path. Didnt take that much vid or pics. I'll post what I got.
If your not sure on how deep a mud hole is, Check it first!!! There was this one mud spot about 12x10'. One side had some slush mud[4" deep and little water. The other side was covered with water. Just to check the depth of it I took a 5 foot stick and walked to the center[there was a little bank that seperated the 2 halves]. Probed the stick about 1 foot away from me into the water and it sank 3 feet! I was about halfway threw the mud spot. It went from shallow to 3feet deep in 5feet. Took the stick back to my jeep and lined up the water mark byside my jeep. Mark was at the middle of my headlights. So yeah, that could have been BAD!

Last edited:
sounds like fun i think i'm gonna try to get down there with some friends around a month from now anyone whos interested let me know so far it only looks like about 5 guys but i'm sure i can get more plus it would be nice to have some experience with us

Looks like we might be down there Sat. After the last trip, I am wearing boots and bring a change of clothes to wear home. :laugh3:

jeeplas said:
Looks like we might be down there Sat. After the last trip, I am wearing boots and bring a change of clothes to wear home. :laugh3:

this Sat.?

if so its too early for me i have a baby and i kinda gotta plan things ahead of time so if it this week i'm gonna miss out this time but like i was saying i'm trying to get things situated for about a month from now

i'm trying to get a group of people together for a trip April 22-24th so if anyone is interested let me know please also any tips for organizing an event 1st timer i have posted on another site where i have a few friends and were all new to off roading any info would be good thanks

I have looked at alot of pictures of this place. Where I go wheeling I always try every mud hole that I see as long as I have another truck with to pull me out. The mud holes at this place that I have seen I would try no matter how deep. I have an 85 xj with a 2.5 engine and 31 inch LTB's lockers front and rear and I go through just about anything. Just have to know your vehicle and know some good driving techniques. I will have to travel there this summer and give it a try.

Rev Den said:
Did anyone ask you?

:D

Rev

No but needed to be said! MUD BAD, :puke: ROCKS GOOD!!!:party:

:moon:

actually mud is fun,

we are gonna try to make it out that way for one of your guys events, when money loosens up a tad.

I live in Green Bay Wisconsin. Is the trip worth it for me to camp for a few days and hit some mud there. If it is not worth the trip then I will not go. It seems like alot of miles on my wagoneer for nothing the way some of you make it seem

85xjwoody said:
I live in Green Bay Wisconsin. Is the trip worth it for me to camp for a few days and hit some mud there. If it is not worth the trip then I will not go. It seems like alot of miles on my wagoneer for nothing the way some of you make it seem

Same thing i wanna know its only a 2 and a half hours for me

is it fun???????????

85xjwoody said:

I wouldn't drive the ONE hour from my house to go to the Cliffs... not in my XJ anyways.

I've been there twice in a TJ on 36's, one time it was sloppy, the other time it was "dry" and both times it SUCKED.

PhunkadelicXJ said:
I wouldn't drive the ONE hour from my house to go to the Cliffs... not in my XJ anyways.

I've been there twice in a TJ on 36's, one time it was sloppy, the other time it was "dry" and both times it SUCKED.

explain what sucked about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back