• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone else have problems with deliveries from ROCK AUTO?

I have nothing but good experience with RA.
Summit is probably the best as far as customer service/shipping.
Amazon is good but if you rely on their "guaranteed" delivery dates you'll be contacting them a lot.
but neither of those carry as much OEM as RA.

Now if you said Team Cherokee you'd probably get a lot more people responding with problems.

I can only assume your demeanor on the phone was less than cordial. I'm not like that when I'm looking for help in a situation so I don't generally have to deal with getting stonewalled.

I have nothing but good experience with RA.
Summit is probably the best as far as customer service/shipping.
Amazon is good but if you rely on their "guaranteed" delivery dates you'll be contacting them a lot.
but neither of those carry as much OEM as RA.

Now if you said Team Cherokee you'd probably get a lot more people responding with problems.

Never had an issue with RA besides the multiple warehouse shipping so I find myself adding and removing items to get them to ship together...

I use Summit more than RA, but for cheaper smaller orders the packaging fee kinda kills any deals.

If you are a amazon prime member and they miss the guaranteed date they will give you a month extension to your membership. Gonna see how many times I can get them to extend mine. :laugh2:

Re: ROCK AUTO SUCKS

Lousy customers are just as common as lousy businesses. Did your mom ever give you the vinegar vs honey speech?

My experiences in dealing with the public directly tell me that there are far more lousy customers than lousy businesses. The lousy ones get served by the book since there is nothing that will ever please them. The others get worked with, and even though the transaction wasn't perfect, it gets resolved and all parties are usually happy in the end.

Re: ROCK AUTO SUCKS

My experiences in dealing with the public directly tell me that there are far more lousy customers than lousy businesses. The lousy ones get served by the book since there is nothing that will ever please them. The others get worked with, and even though the transaction wasn't perfect, it gets resolved and all parties are usually happy in the end.

I spent nearly 24 years in retail, can confirm!

I order from Rock all the time and never had a problem. In fact they seem to have finally opened a warehouse near me and now a lot of parts are here in a couple days. Hell I just got a part with a manufacturer defect, not their fault, but they gave me a label, I dropped it in the mail tuesday and the new part arrived today (thursday). For mail order, you can't get a whole lot better than that.

Just because one order out of thousands gets messed up doesn't mean the company sucks, it means you won the crap lottery.

i usually order from them every other month or so and never had issues.

the biggest upside is they usually claim 5-7 business days for the delivery and i seem to get it within 2-3 every time which is a win for me.

their prices lately even with shipping have beat amazons for the same parts. ive been real surprised.

Just got two shipments from them this week, no issues

I use rock auto all the time. What has happened 2-3 different times over the past say 8 years, was that they sent me the right box for the part, but with the wrong part inside the box, so I open the package, then open the 02 sensor box, and the 02 sensor is not a renix o2, its some random who knows what. this has also happened with tie rod ends as well, where they have sent what is is obviously the wront part, but at least that box had the completely wrong part number on it too.

that being said, Rock auto is dirt cheap. and I use it a lot. Just have to deal with the BS sometimes.

I just ordered closeout brake rotors for the bmw for $30 each, normally they're $90. They showed up in NAPA ultra premium boxes.

Also scored 5 pairs of wiper blades for $2 each. They also showed up in NAPA packages, they're the fancy ones like bosch or rainx. For a closeout price of $2 each, I grabbed enough for a couple years.

Showed up at the house in 3 days.

i get stupid deals on parts from rockauto sometimes. I pretty much buy all my brakes on there.

I use rock auto all the time. What has happened 2-3 different times over the past say 8 years, was that they sent me the right box for the part, but with the wrong part inside the box, so I open the package, then open the 02 sensor box, and the 02 sensor is not a renix o2, its some random who knows what. this has also happened with tie rod ends as well, where they have sent what is is obviously the wront part, but at least that box had the completely wrong part number on it too.

that being said, Rock auto is dirt cheap. and I use it a lot. Just have to deal with the BS sometimes.

Just had this happen on my order.

Ordered 2 right side brake lines for a ford 8.8, got a right and a left

I've never had an issue with them. Considering I live in Germany and the order has to go through customs, I'm amazed.

The shipping and the customs duty was a painless experience.

Their data base seems better than most.

The shipping and the customs duty was a painless experience.

You wouldn't be saying that if you were in The Netherlands. Their customs is painfully sssssslllllllloooooooooooooo<deep breath>ooooooooow.

Last edited:
Finally had my first problem. Ordered a radiator,clutch fan and some drum brake hardware.
Radiator,ok-brake hardware,ok-fan clutch,,,no, I got what looks to be a transmission mount.
It does have the same part#,but I dont think they look the same...
Waiting for RA to figure it out....

Well,RA has already shipped the correct part. I can keep the wrong part,,,,,whatever it fits.
No muss-no fuss just good service.

FWIW I just went to get a part at the local parts store and the part was mis-boxed as well. I spent a number of years working in auto parts, and it's not uncommon for things to get the wrong label put on the box sometimes. It happens. Sometimes people also swap boxes and make returns without saying anything, when the part looks new no way for the guy behind the counter to know it's the wrong part. Not the store or in this case Rock Autos fault most of the time. Occasionally wrong part numbers get pulled as well, which is a mistake, but most likely a simple human error. As long as they try to make it right I'm ok with it, and so far every time I've had an issue they have gone above and beyond IMO.

Back