• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone else have problems with deliveries from ROCK AUTO?

greenlawnjeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Ordered 4 KYB shocks for my Jeep Cherokee. I received a e mail Saturday with tracking # from ROCK AUTO saying that I'd receive them by end of day today. Didn't happen. Fed Ex says they don't have the package. ROCK AUTO is blaiming Fed Ex and says I have to wait 6 days. They won't ship a replacement order with a return label in case I ever get the 1st order.

Bought a lot of stuff from them, never had an issue.

I probably have ordered 60 orders from them with zero problems. I don't like that they ship from multiple locations and you pay for each one, but it is what it is.

Freight terminals in "some" parts of the US have been affected by adverse weather. I know this because I purchase all the supplies for my shop.

Yes, I have bought lots of stuff in the past (7 vehicles ). This time the ball was dropped hard. No help from their Customer Service to find this package which seems to have never been picked up by FED EX. It appears RA just created the label and all progress stopped after that. It could be FED EX didn't "zap" the label when they picked it up? I know things happen but it's ridiculous RA says I have to wait 6 days. Order is shipping from New Jersey which doesn't have weather problems. We'll see what happens today.

Their response is pretty standard issue when a package is missing and the shipper can't find it anywhere in their facilities. At this point they have to wait for Fedex to finish their investigation and more often than not for me, the package is found somewhere in the carrier's possession and gets delivered. Frustrating, but sometimes stuff happens. Try not to let one bad experience tarnish 'lots of stuff in the past (7 vehicles )' worth of good experiences. You should be able to get your shipping charges refunded, as most companies will do that in this case too.

Never had a problem with them getting an order shipped out very quickly, and like others here I have bought a lot of stuff from them.

My most recent order shipped from a very near by warehouse via Priority Mail. Ordinarily I would have had it the next day but USPS sent it to a sectional center 50 miles away. It happens and the seller can only can only do what the buyer can; mutter WTF?

I shipped an item to Texas via Priority 2-Day only to have it go in and out of the facility in Portland OR for three days. All I could do was let the customer know that I was watching the tracking data too and apologise adding that "this normally doesn't happen".

Personally, though, I really don't like FedEx and avoid them if I can.

This has developed into a real CLUSTER. Finally got to speak to someone Wednesday who agreed to send me a replacement order on Thursday that I would get today (Friday ) . Well the chimps only sent the 2 rear shocks and not the fronts. I take that back. If they had chimps in the warehouse it would be a major improvement. The packing list was not initialed and not checked off as to what was sent and quantities . It specified that 4 shocks were to be sent tet the box only had 2. Customer service via emai said they could get me the missing 2 shocks Tuesday along with missing power steering hoses. I told him to go for it. Then I get an e mail back ssying there was a typo and he meant Wednesday, DUH. What are the qualifications to work at RA? Looks like all you need is a pulse.

Their response is pretty standard issue when a package is missing and the shipper can't find it anywhere in their facilities. At this point they have to wait for Fedex to finish their investigation and more often than not for me, the package is found somewhere in the carrier's possession and gets delivered. Frustrating, but sometimes stuff happens. Try not to let one bad experience tarnish 'lots of stuff in the past (7 vehicles )' worth of good experiences. You should be able to get your shipping charges refunded, as most companies will do that in this case too.
I asked for a refund of shipping and they told me to blow smoke. This is after effing up the order twice - and i'm still missing 2 shocks and 2 power steering hoses.

ROCK AUTO SUCKS

Never, NEVER, have I dealt with incompetence like I have with these (lower than) °Neanderthals.

Last edited:
If nothing else this does help explain Rock Auto's $5 Neutral Safety Switch deal.

Re: ROCK AUTO SUCKS

I gave them a chance twice and they fked up twice. You may suck their @ss but I won't.

Actually, fedex screwed the shipping up once and they sent you an incomplete order once.

Based on my experiences with the company, I've never had issues. Not that shit doesn't happen, as someone else said.

There are about 40,000 local parts stores in this country if you'd rather not deal with an internet auto parts supplier.

You don't get it either. You'd make a good RA employee. FED EX never picked up the first package. RA only created a Label. God only knows what they did with the box. The incompetent RA warehouse at RA shipped me a replacement of 2 shocks instead of 4. There was a packing list stating to ship 4 shocks, 2 of 1 # and 2 of another #. They shipped ONLY 2. Maybe they can't read English. Eventually it will catch up with them. I still didn't get the front shocks. Wouldn't be surprised if they sent me 2 more rears.

You don't get it either. You're 1 bad experience looking on a message board for sympathy.

There are tens of thousands of customers from lots of websites, rockauto, amazon, etc. that have good experiences. Sometimes shit happens. That doesn't mean the company is crap, that means you have to exercise some patience.

I get that you feel slighted, but you're an asshole insulting people you don't know because you didn't get your box.

My order this week was a 3 day turn around from order to arrival. I'm satisfied.

Just replaced my electric fan thru RockAuto. Same day that I ordered they called me AND APOLOGIZED that even though the website said 2 in inventory , the were out of stock with that vendor and I would have to choose a different vendor. I chose a different vendor. They gave me a discount and free overnight ship. I am very satisfied with the customer service.

If nothing else this does help explain Rock Auto's $5 Neutral Safety Switch deal.
:roflmao:
That was a great score! IIRC it was just under 4 bucks.

As far as online retailers go, Rock Auto has been as good as the best of any I've dealt with. Even when buying items with core charges the process has always been a snap.

FedEx on the other hand has to be on the bottom of my list of shipping options and if given the option I choose USPS or UPS.

Back