• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any Stockers going to this party?

Idiot Wind

NAXJA Forum User
I plan on heading up there Wednesday night thru Sunday. I am not sure if all the ??? on the Trail Leaders for the mild/moderate trails means that there aren't any stockers attending? I have never driven them.

Are there any out there? I really wish I could do Hayden but I will be unable to get there until that night.

I got the time off and would love to attend this thing however it will be somewhat pointless if I'm the only one planning on hitting the trails I am suited for.

I have also noticed that Friday there really isn't a trail for me out of the 2. Will it be possible then to bum a ride with somebody? I can take video/pictures etc.. so I wouldn't be total dead weight.

Thanks!

Idiot Wind said:
I plan on heading up there Wednesday night thru Sunday. I am not sure if all the ??? on the Trail Leaders for the mild/moderate trails means that there aren't any stockers attending? I have never driven them.

Are there any out there? I really wish I could do Hayden but I will be unable to get there until that night.

I got the time off and would love to attend this thing however it will be somewhat pointless if I'm the only one planning on hitting the trails I am suited for.

I have also noticed that Friday there really isn't a trail for me out of the 2. Will it be possible then to bum a ride with somebody? I can take video/pictures etc.. so I wouldn't be total dead weight.

Thanks!

Sure, there are some regular machines involved, too bad your schedule won't allow Hayden. Pomeroy can be done with careful driving (Tuesday) and Tincup can be had also (Thursday). Scott Hayden

I'm sure that if there isn't going to be something available that you want to take your Jeep on that there will be someone that will let you ride along with them. I'd offer, but I'm doing the Holycross over night run so I won't be at camp Friday morning. If you can get yourself to the top of Holy cross, I'd let you ride back down with me! :laugh3:

Daryl

cool. i figured there would be just haven't seen any mention. i apparently got the schedule wrong (I am now going by the schedule under the who/when? thread) so it looks like Saturday I am out of business driving wise but hope to get a ride.

I am assuming Antero can be done with a stocker, from what I read that is the impression I got.

Idiot Wind said:
so it looks like Saturday I am out of business driving wise but hope to get a ride.
Saturday I'm planning on the Chinamans run, if your not allergic to dogs you can tag along with me and Deogie.

It seems like we took a stocker thru Chinamans last year, but not with out alot of work and minor damage to a door. (which turned out to be the least of his troubles) I can't speak for you or for the trail leader as to weather or not you should try it in a stocker. But I have seen it. Don't advise it if your picky about your paint and body work, but have seen it.

Daryl

I'm scheduled to lead chinaman's on saturday. I'd prefer to not take a total stocker through there. I agree that I've seen it done, but it wasn't pretty.

My assumption is that there will be quite a few rigs on this run and the smoother it goes, the better.

On that note, XJs are grocery getters with 5 seats and I can always make room for someone to ride along if they want. Or if there is enough interest, we could try to get another easier run scheduled for that day.

Anyone who would like more info on this trail or the conditions they can expect, can email me ([email protected]), PM me, or post here.

Brian
www.projectxj.com

fatwreck said:
I'm scheduled to lead chinaman's on saturday. I'd prefer to not take a total stocker through there. I agree that I've seen it done, but it wasn't pretty.

Or if there is enough interest, we could try to get another easier run scheduled for that day.
www.projectxj.com
I completely understand that. I would never want to hold someone up.

If there is enough interest for an easier run Saturday yeah, I'll just get in on that. There are a few I wouldn't mind hitting in Crested Butte but that may make for a pretty long day.

JEONLYEP said:
Saturday I'm planning on the Chinamans run, if your not allergic to dogs you can tag along with me and Deogie.

It seems like we took a stocker thru Chinamans last year, but not with out alot of work and minor damage to a door. (which turned out to be the least of his troubles) I can't speak for you or for the trail leader as to weather or not you should try it in a stocker. But I have seen it. Don't advise it if your picky about your paint and body work, but have seen it.

Daryl

As the driver that took the stocker through Chinamans last year (well, not a total stocker. It had new tires, 235/75 R15's instead of 225/75 R15's) I can say that it can be done and that I have done it but I wouldn't do it again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Were it not for some rock stacking, taking EVERY by-pass and creative strapping by Tom(old man), there would have been some significant body damage.

John_Sprague said:
As the driver that took the stocker through Chinamans last year (well, not a total stocker. It had new tires, 235/75 R15's instead of 225/75 R15's) I can say that it can be done and that I have done it but I wouldn't do it again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Were it not for some rock stacking, taking EVERY by-pass and creative strapping by Tom(old man), there would have been some significant body damage.

worse than the damage on the taylor pass run.lol
how you doing John.
Did you get a new XJ?

jrsxj98 said:
worse than the damage on the taylor pass run.lol
how you doing John.
Did you get a new XJ?

No, I still have the same one. The damage estimate was a bit less than what the XJ booked for at the time, so it wasn't totaled (which is good as at the time I owed a little bit more than what it booked for). However, I then proceeded to get hosed getting it fixed, as my insurance company kept trying to say that "thus and so damage wasn't directly related to this accident but was caused by (insert reason of the week)". I ended up about $2000 out of pocket with a $500 deductible policy and Bones is having a Hell of a time getting an appropriate settlement for his damage. So, let me say it out loud...State Farm sucks.

i don't wanna stir up any bad memories for ya', but for those that weren't there...

DSCN5187.jpg

Back