• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any Experience with 4WD lift kits

ThE HiV

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, looking for a little advice. thinking about lifting the 93 cherokee with this lift http://4wd.com/Jeep-Parts-Tops-and-Accessories/PART493201.aspx

I like it because its cheap, and comes with the coil springs. Mine are pretty sacked out lookin. I like the idea of new shocks and springs, and I think it'll make my ride better as well as lettin me fit 31's which I would really like.

any one ever used one of these lifts before. any suggestions?

thanks for the help

That is def not a complete kit, there is barely anything there. I would def go with RE 3.5 if you want to fit 31's otherwise you will be rubbing alot with this kit and 31s.
FYI, the normal cut off for needing a SYE is 3.5ish. and most of the time it can be cured by a 1in T-case drop.

It looks like that kit has 3/4 length Add a leaves. Those are not worth more than a few dollars. They will fatigue your leaf pack really fast. If you're going to do an AAL, do a full length leaf.

You are probably better off going with a Better company. That's up to you though.

Alright, sounds like that might not be the best choice. Do you guys have any suggestions for other lifts than?

old man emu = too expensive
don't want drive line vibes. would like to stay between 2 and 3 inches.
Im not looking for to do hardcore crawling, mostly just to fit 31's and be good for trail rides.

I dont like the shackles and spacers of budget boosts, i would rather have new coils, and a full length add a leaf.

any suggestions would help alot
thanks

Also not tooo worried about rubbing. my rig most likely wont be disco'd very often and right now with saggy suspension i have 235/75R15's on stock ecco wheels with plenty of room to spare and no rubbing.

BDS Suspnesion has a complete 2" kit
http://www.bds-suspension.com/

Heard that the 4wd kit is made by BDS but can't confirm it.

Rustys Offroad has a 2' kit as well.
http://www.rustysoffroad.com/

Helped install a Rustys kit on a friends XJ ,worked great and looks perfect with 30" tires.
Heres a pic of his rig.
side.jpg

Last edited:
dude i have the 1 inch add a leaf and i have to say that all they are going to do is just bend up your leafs in rear. i do not like add a leafs at all. the ride gets soo stiff nad it is not what you think of when you see or hear lifts. just get a RE lift or go in t a 4 wheel parts store and make your own, like get a set of leafs get a 2 inch coil from procomp get some 31 or 30 inch MT's and you will be lookin good. ohh, cut ond roll your fenders. it is so awesome how they look. trust me, i cut my front and a rolled my rear and it just looks bad ass. plus when you are driving all the water and mud flys up and it looks great. you get your rig dirty!!! but do not get addaleafs, worst invention ever. but hey what do i know i had then and now i am buying new leafts.

add a leafs are cheap, if thats your only option, look into doing some other stuff first. I had add a leafs for less than a year, by the end of that i wanted to sell my jeep because i hated driving it so much! I broke down, got the RE 3.5 full packs and am getting away with a 1" tcase drop, RE is expensive, but, it would have been cheaper if i did it right the first time. Like i said, if you cant do it right, do some other stuff until you can, lockers can add more value than anything else (just put in, its amazing) and you could go more places than a lot of guys with lifted vehicles. If your worried about ride, get a budget boost, rustys has a full length aal and spacer for the front that sounds like it would do fine for you! Good luck

thanks for the advice guys. the rusty's 2 inch lift has the same stuff for 250 which is nice. I was looking at the rustys 3 inch lift. for 418.00 you get 3 inch coils and brand new leafs. this sounds like the way to go. Do you guys think this would cause some driveline issues on a 93 cherokee. any one have this or the rustys 2 inch lift and have a picture?

i know this thread keeps evolving, but any help you could give would help.

I have the 3.5" RE and i love it, i havent had any bad vibes to speak of. I would suggest, like many already have, to get the full spring kit instead of the AAL. I have the AAL and im looking to getting the pack from RE.Good Luck to ya, Merry Christmas

I run the RE 6130 (4 1/2 inch) lift) it came with a 1 inch transfer case drop as well as all new springs. I have no vibes so you may be able to go bigger and still have no vibes. I had a Dana 35 at first and then swapped in a Dana44 and still no vibes. Great lift. No problems and very easy to install.

I have all my new parts sitting in my garage ready to install now. (TnT Y link Upgrade) 231 Sye, taller springs, 35"s, drive shafts... My old lift will go in the classifieds the end of jan or beginning of feb..... Keep used parts in mind if you can find some near you... It can save you a load of cash. In my case the parts are barely used and I decided I wanted bigger and a little diff setup...

Good luck choosing your lift..

If you only want a 2" lift and don't want to change the ways it rides, just get a budget boost with a spacer up front and either an add-a-leaf inthe back or an extended shackle.

I completed the Rock Lizard BB Lift about two weeks ago and I am extremely pleased. The ride quality is so much better than stock. The rear suspension is much improved and the annoying body roll has decreased significantly. My rear end sits at 19" after using the main leaf off a donor XJ pack. The lift you will get depends on the condition of your leaves and the ones you get fromt he junkyard. I ended up using spacers in the front with the stock springs to level it out.

Do a search and you will find the article or just go to RL's website. Total cost: $80 for the pack and $30 for the spacers. Of course you will need new center pins and spring clamps.

Back