• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another radiator upgrade thread.

I'm running a 3row CSF as well, no issues. Great warranty too, my mech fan smacked into it due to a funky screwed up "less than a year old" AutoZone cheapo motor mount. After that I got BrownDog mounts and went to electric fans! Needless to say my CSF radiator was replaced free of charge but I didn't want to take the chance anymore so ditched the clutch fan and autozone motor mounts.

Oldmanxj said:
I've been running the Alumrad.com for over a year. Been very happy with it.
changed it over from a GDI 3 core. The GDI was ok in around town and trails but hit the freeway and it would steadly get hotter and hotter. I travel to the Sierra's and Nevada over I-80 and it was always an adventure to make it to the sumitt, windows down, heater on. With the Single core alum. rad. Loaded for a weeks camping, hammer down, ac on, blasting past the rest stops.
Now I watch the scenery not guage. I have had no issues at slow speeds.

This is a the price too me
$198.00 + $18.65 UPS
In stock.

If you have any Questions please
call me at 1-928-681-6716
Bryan McCulloch
Custom Aluminum Radiators

PM coming your way.

Dirk

yall need to come to texas.. its 108 now here... and humid. It dont go easy on temps at all.. I have a CSF 3 core and im running 195 to 210 all day. But im still running a stock water pump with 140 miles on the ticker.

So its time for me to upgrade my radiator, anyone tried this one.

http://www.jeeptricks.com/MAIN3-31.htm

I would like an aluminum rad and it seems like some of them are decently priced.

-Alex

So I know that their are alot of radiator threads out there but I ended up getting this radiator last July. I brought it down to the local 4x4 shop so they could look it over and they said it appeared to be a good product. I installed it and it fit perfectly with the stock hardware.

I wheeled alot over the summer and never had a problem with it overheating, but when I did this I also did all new hoses, flushed my system extensively and also a new t-stat.

Overall I would say this radiator is a great value, for the price and what you get it is hard to beat. At least in my mind. I would reccomend it to anyone needing a upgraded radiator for their jeep. Since it works for all years you can convert early pressureized system to a open system down the road also.

-Alex

I have read alot of posts and debate between 2 and 3 core alumimun radiators. With the better air flow from 2 cores and 3 cores have better heat transfer. But I can not find anything about a good all aluminum single core radiator. Does anybody run one? I have found 2 diffrent radiators places that sell them. One on ebay for $125 and one at www.alumrad.com. Not sure how much it is. Thanks for any info.

Don't know why you are stuck on a single row (maybe for cost) but I went with an all aluminum radiator 2 row (talked to a lot of guys that hate aluminum/plastic tank combos as they tend to leak around the o-ribgs and crimps...non issue with ALL aluminum). I got a 2 row aluminum radiator from here for $155 shipped to the door:
http://www.genesisautoparts.com/all_aluminum_radiator-jeep-cherokee-2001-4dot0_l6_242.htm That is pretty cheap and is a good balance between added cooling ability and keepin g cost down. Also, I have talked to various radiator guys and they say even with aluminum when you get into 3 rows in tends to start to transfer heat back toward the engine and actually makes cooling harder.

when you get into 3 rows in tends to start to transfer heat back toward the engine and actually makes cooling harder.

I have a problem with that - all radiators transfer heat to the engine when they are mounted in front of them.

What confuses a lot of cooling upgrades are the multiple changes. A three core radiator, hi flow pump, 180 thermostat, open system changeover, new fan thermosensor location, etc have to be matched and science out. I installed the later 92 t-neck on my Renix and discovered the heat sensor doesn't click the fan on/off, it sends variable voltage and causes it to not come on at all, overheating it.

Over at Enginebuilders and in Smokey Yunick's book on Hiperf race engines, hiflow pumps are pointed out as being too good - the coolant doesn't have enough dwell time to pick up heat. It seems to work on Jeeps because we're barely off idle and not pushing coolant that much - which is the point, why use a high flow when you won't spin it? Go jeep has even used a restrictor to slow flow, allowing more coolant dwell time in block and radiator, and got better cooling.

Lots of aluminum race radiator tech doesn't directly transfer to Jeeping. You have to look at the basics and work it out. Some of this stuff is exactly opposite of what we think.

Back