• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another fire

Sheriff says everyone north of Cimmaron and I-25 should be ready to book.

They said when the flames crested the ridge above Queen's Canyon the winds whipped up to 65 mph and thats what pushed it down into the houses so fast.My wife was literally the last one let into Perigrine, to help a friend evacuate, and she said it was like armagedden and people were going batshit crazy with panic.She said as she was getting out of there she was watching the fire come down Blodgett Peak right above where she was at.she also commented that she had no idea that we had so many emergency vehicles until she saw all of the ones evacuating Mt. St. Francis.We've got about 10 grocery bags of food and personal hygine products we're going to drop off at Care N' Share tomorrow.

kronik (Cody) and I were down south of Fountain picking up 140 bales of hay and from that vantage point it looked like a volcano erupted.Some ofg the news footage I've been seeing looks lika we had a B-52 strike hit the west side.

I can't offer up very much but if anyone needs to store vehicles , trailers, etc., because of the evacuation, I have plenty of room on my property

Last edited:
Think I'm good. Parents, sister parents friends, my aunt and uncle are all over here now. Just sad knowing my childhood home is more than likely gone. But everyone is safe.

d897c6e7.jpg

58003de2.jpg

I took the last picture from the office where I just stared in awe as I watched the flames come over the crest and push down the mountain. It covered soo much land soo damn fast.

I watched the flames come down into whale rock and lory state park, and from what I have seen on the web of Waldo fire; I'm awestruck.

Truly a terrifying looking fire. Good luck to you and please be safe.

I know it's been mentioned before but remember folks that there will be a run on gas when shit happens. Try to keep enough fuel to get somewhere significant at all times. If you've on prelim and have a trail rig / lawn mower / whatever drain the tanks and put them in your bug out vehicle.

Stay safe folks, firestorms suck hard.

PS - For those further out if you have fancy cars wash that ash off of them often, it's bad for the paint.

And new mexico STILL hasn't banned fireworks...

been listening to the scanners. scary stuff guys, stay safe and prepared

yes -- last night around 8pm, Mountain Shadows subdivision about 1.5 miles south of the Air Force Academy. As of this morning, there is also active fire on the southern portions of the Academy itself, and a couple thousand in personnel have been evacuated from base housing on the south side. Winds are fairly stiff this morning, but coming from multiple directions. While I think that makes it tough on fire fighters, it also doesn't create the accelerating 65mph wall of fire that caused last night's destruction... we'll see what this afternoon's foretasted t-storms bring to the mix.

ironically, the Waldo burn scar is currently under a flash flood watch from the national weather stooges -- on the off chance that one of today's t-storms actually rains, instead of just being an electrical wind storm...

ironically, the Waldo burn scar is currently under a flash flood watch from the national weather stooges -- on the off chance that one of today's t-storms actually rains, instead of just being an electrical wind storm...

Burn areas turn into mud slide areas the next season, really kicks the poor residents when they're down.

Indeed, Hayman remains a disaster 10 years later. That said, a little flooding today to extinguish some flames and make some defensible fire lines would be more than welcome.

Back