• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another Cage Thread (pictures)

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

NAXJA Forum User
Well i got started on my cage the other day but ran out of tubing. I did the main hoops in 1.50 .120 wall DOM and the rest in HREW. Once i can get a chance to get to the steel yard i will finish her up. Still have the front hoop to complete and tie it all together. Let me know what you guys think or if you can see anything I can improve on my design so far. This is my first cage so any tips you have would be great. Thanks

Pictures here
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/479208/3

I already have that done. You can't see it in the pictures but there is a crossmember that runs inderneth and connects to the rear bumper and frame and the rear hoop of the cage goes through the floor and mounts to that

Hmmm I only see a tahoe in that link....??? :lecture: ;)

Have you thought about tying into the upper seat belt mounting points? Also an X across the ceiling between the rear and middle hoops (and the middle and front once you install it) would add strength to it with some more triangles.

John

lobsterdmb said:
Have you thought about tying into the upper seat belt mounting points? Also an X across the ceiling between the rear and middle hoops (and the middle and front once you install it) would add strength to it with some more triangles.

John

I have the main hoop tied into the upper and lower seat belt mounting points and those upper tubes from the b to the c piller are just tacked into place right now. I am planing on doing the X bracing in between on the top but as I said I ran out of tube and this is as far as I have got so far. More then likley i will b able to get to the steel yard this weekend and get the rest of the tube so I can finish this bitch up. I Plan on doing a light exo cage also and tieing it into the internal cage but the price of steel is getting more and more expensive by the day

I like that you were thinking about lateral reinforcement in the b-pillar area, but what I'd like to see are diagonals going up to the upper corners.

good start, keep it up.

more pics

I have plans for that but wasnt sure how I was going to lay it out. I think once i get the whole thing in there then I'll start adding diaginals. I appreciate all the feed back. At least I know I'm on the right track

Back