• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Annual Sierra Chapter Deer Valley Run

Deer Valley Run Weekend

• Total voters
Sorry for not posting all that much about this trip. Been super busy with work and stuff.

Sorry Harlee :-( but the trip will be June 26th thru the 28th. This is open to rookie's and the more seasoned wheelers. There's a little for everyone on these trails.

Then plan is to get up there Friday Morning and camp at Hermit Valley Campground through to Sunday. Hit Deer Valley on Saturday and then Slick Rock on Sunday.

Deer Valley is approximately 7 miles. We can go all the way through or stop at the second water crossing, eat some lunch then turn back around. That depends on how many rigs we have and how wuick we make it through.

Slick Rock can be done in about 2 hours and is a lot of fun.

Minimum requirements for both trails:
1. 3" of lift
2. 31's (all terrains or muds is fine)
3. At least one solid tow point
4. Willing to have fun :cheers:

I am so looking forward to getting out there and seeing everyone :)

I was hoping there was a chance since you voted for the earlier date.
Thoroughly bummed:rattle:, oh well. Have fun for me.:wave1:
I'm off to hack off some LCA brackets from little Bro's XJ before he goes back to Pendleton. (making way for T&T longarm)

.....I'm off to hack off some LCA brackets from little Bro's XJ before he goes back to Pendleton. (making way for T&T longarm)

hey harlee... how'd those teraflex LCA's workout for you? too bad you can't make it out to this annual run, i'm really going to try to make it out (thanks for hyping it up so much.. lol) and would be nice to see you again.

hey harlee... how'd those teraflex LCA's workout for you? too bad you can't make it out to this annual run, i'm really going to try to make it out (thanks for hyping it up so much.. lol) and would be nice to see you again.
Great so far, between straight (not bent stocker) and alignment re-measurement. haven't wheeled em' yet. I definitely don't plan on keeping them as pretty as they are now:firedevilhttp://wzus1.ask.com/r?t=p&d=us&s=a...ww.ask.com/web?q=definitely&qsrc=19&o=0&l=dir

I'm bumping this thread up but I'm not voting yet. I'll probably be able to attend either weekend and not sure which is better at this point. But I am planning on being there! Last year was fun.

how about we make two runs, one each weekend and whoever can go each weekend goes?
like two crews?
im gonna try to go...

i have a family friend who makes slick rock in his stock 91' xj on street tires everytime we go there. but i always get to do way more fun stuff and not worry as much but he can at least make it down slickrock...

Either one works for me I have been look at these trails and they look fun can't wait. where are good places to camp aroud there or can you camp at the trail head?

Eric - hope you can make it man....

2 Months away and counting :yelclap:

So I have a question for those who are attending. How many of you like Baby Back Ribs? Last year we had a pot luck which was awesome but everyone brought meat. This year I was thining of making some ribs and have everyone bring a side.

What do you think? The cost would be $10 a person. I would like to have a good headcount so I know how much to bring.

Either one works for me I have been look at these trails and they look fun can't wait. where are good places to camp aroud there or can you camp at the trail head?

Cool. Yeah - we will be camping at Hermit Valley Campground which is right at the trail head. There is plenty of room for tow rigs and trailers. Last year we had about 10 rigs and there was a ton of room for everyone.

I am out, can't make any run's in June this year.
Bummed because last year was fun, here are some photos to get you thinking about it:
DV08_0499.jpg

DV08_0525.jpg

That's not Phil:
DV08_0541.jpg

DV08_0570.jpg

DV08_0019.jpg

im down i will have a buddy in his 89 following me. then were off to the 'con for the 4th.

Last edited:
I am planning on attending the trip. Last year was fun. I'm in for the rib plan.

Eric - hope you can make it man....

2 Months away and counting :yelclap:

So I have a question for those who are attending. How many of you like Baby Back Ribs? Last year we had a pot luck which was awesome but everyone brought meat. This year I was thining of making some ribs and have everyone bring a side.

What do you think? The cost would be $10 a person. I would like to have a good headcount so I know how much to bring.

Working the 27th, so I voted for the 13th... but didn't I see an earlier post stating the weekend of the 27th had already been decided upon? :confused:

Hopefully I'll be able to make it to this one. I've been wanting to run this trail for awhile now. Plus, with any luck I'll have my new brakes installed (finally getting rid of the POS ABS system) and have the d44 all set up and swapped in also. Hope to see ya'll up there.

Back