• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Alexia's 1997 Comanche - 4.7L Stroker

How Not to Ship Hazardous Materials - Even the tiny bottle has damage.
gallery_1_12_170108.jpg

Nice work it is a nice set of wheels, I’m working on something similar, but instead of the Xj as the donor the Mj is the donor.
Kip up the good work!

? Keeping it red?

Nice work it is a nice set of wheels, I’m working on something similar, but instead of the Xj as the donor the Mj is the donor.
Kip up the good work!

Kuupo! Thanks! Though... A MJ should never do a donor for a XJ. That is blasphemy to MJ owners. :p

I have door removal down to twenty minutes a door.
gallery_1_12_73053.jpg

If an MJ is Fubar'd then I think it's okay for a donor. Or a hybrid Mj/Xj apparatus.

Nice work so far.

I've never done paint and body work. I guess I'll learn when I get started on the MJ in my shop....

I've never done paint and body work. I guess I'll learn when I get started on the MJ in my shop....

I've done a little of it. I've learned 2 things.
1. I suck at it.
2. I hate it.
1 is probably because of 2. 2 is probably because of 1. It's a cycle.

I lack in the patience department.

Truck is looking awesome. I'm not sure what I'm going to think about a matte finish but I guess I'll find out soon enough. I'm sure it'll look good.

I've done a little of it. I've learned 2 things.
1. I suck at it.
2. I hate it.
1 is probably because of 2. 2 is probably because of 1. It's a cycle.

I lack in the patience department.

Truck is looking awesome. I'm not sure what I'm going to think about a matte finish but I guess I'll find out soon enough. I'm sure it'll look good.

I think most people are good at one or the either, rarely both. I hate body work as well. Alexia seems to have that talent though.

Wow. Nice.

I have been slow working on this. The next two weeks are perfect for painting though with temperatures around 75ºF during the day and evenings.

Flaw Marking - Hashes, need to hard sand away chips/pits. Not shown, slash mark, apply body filler following the mark.
gallery_1_12_216507.jpg

Huh, lacquer thinner should not remove factory paint that easily.
gallery_1_12_163522.jpg

Whoops, apparently paint was blended into this door during a repair and poorly cured acrylic paint was used. That is the VIN sticker. I spent an hour or so extra just cleaning up this paint mess.
gallery_1_12_87493.jpg

Hood, now in proper primer!
gallery_1_12_88799.jpg

This is my door tree where I grow Cherokee doors. The red color showing means they are starting to ripen.
gallery_1_12_35676.jpg

Back