• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A Humboldt-Cherokee Blog.

Today-
Bumper was smoothed down and painted.
5c6d8485.jpg

The grill was cut using a cutoff wheel and wire trimmers. I didn't have to cut much.
And done.
da50d29b.jpg

0b8ae5cb.jpg

It only added 2.5 inches to the front of my jeep. :D I'm very happy.

9abdfc0e.jpg

Today-
Bumper was smoothed down and painted.
5c6d8485.jpg

my favorite part is the afro-tech cooler support system. that's quality work right there. :laugh2:

Your XJ just keeps looking better and better.

That a great looking rig! I like the new flares, and the price was right.

Scored some pioneer speakers for free, they sound awesome, installed in the back roof.

1B175E85-705D-4F84-93A9-1F6A1DE4BFA7-4822-000003C10DFE8058.jpg

Still rocking my sony head unit, and I'm happy.

yah WTF? gas just went from 3.97 to 4.40 practically overnight at all the places by my house.

those flares look killer!

Supply issues in SoCal.

It's still 4.79 here. My girlfriend drove back to Mcminnvile OR today, and she saw gas for 3.09 in southern Oregon. Wtf

Paid $4.59 today. This blows. Should have topped off when it was $3.89!

$4.89 for 91 octane in Milpitas the other day. WJ takes the premium stuff and isn't shy about sucking it down. :'-(

pull the front shaft completely and drive it. if the vibe goes away then the problem is in the shaft.

also, make sure there is no play in the pinion at all, you could have a toast bearing.

if that gives you no luck, pull the rear shaft, put the front shaft in and run it in 4wd, check the rear pinion too.

one of your shafts could be out of balance, you could have a worn pinion bearing, bent t-case shaft, worn t-case bearings. the list goes on, but pulling the shafts one at a time will at least get you pointed in the right direction.

The front ds removed makes it very, very smooth.

No play in the pinion.

I've actually had 3 different driveshafts in the front position, same situation no matter what.

sounds like you need to rebuild that 231, most likely a worn front output bearing or bent front output shaft

its not very hard. do eet!!

Any suggestions on a good rebuild kit?

Problem is that my hackntap is welded on. It had play so it's tack welded on. Made it run very smooth, but now I have to go to a normal style sye, and a new driveshaft. (Remember my jeep runs awesome with no front shaft) So I'll have to cut the output shaft.

So that means probably 200 for the rebuild kit+ 200 for the sye+ 150-300 for a new shaft for the rear. BLAH.

Back