• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A Humboldt-Cherokee Blog.

I think heat is probably worst in my opinion. If it's raining you can always pop up a quikshade tent or something and cold is annoying but if you're working hard you warm up. Blazing heat just makes you pissed off and break things

I think heat is probably worst in my opinion. If it's raining you can always pop up a quikshade tent or something and cold is annoying but if you're working hard you warm up. Blazing heat just makes you pissed off and break things

My thoughts exactly. When I was in the military, I used to install missiles on fighter jets. We had to pick them up off the missile trailer by our arms and carry them to the F-15. When I was stationed in Florida, I'd burn the crap out of my arms from the hot metal.

Now that I'm older to know better, I won't work on the heep when it is hot, cold, wet, or anything above, or below 74 degrees, sunny, and no wind. Ha.

Haha yea I haven't quite learned that lesson yet. When I set my mind on doing something to my Jeep on a certain day/weekend I do it no matter what the weather is

That's a pretty cool military story. Hats off to you for serving as well

HAH!

I've had no option but freezing cold... or rain.

I installed my zj disk brakes in 25-30 degree sunny weather. That sucked. Then it went bad, and I finished at night in 20 degrees.
It's pouring right now, so I put a plastic sheet over the hood, and towels along the ground.

I was at a parts store the other day buying crap (I won't mention Autozone's name) and I was wondering if they had seals for an 8.25 differential. I asked, but I got a blank stare and was commanded, "You need to ask for that by vehicle type." Fair enough, I thought, as I would not expect them to know how to search for replacement parts by logic. "Jeep Cherokee, 1999" I replied. "Grand?," she autonomously belched in her monotone voice. I managed to utter, "Uh...." before politely excusing myself from the very establishment I previously vowed to avoid.

Keep in mind I was just in her computer buying parts mere seconds ago. Why am I so annoyed at that question?

I could see you freakin out and telling someone that their 03 Grand is NOT a Cherokee....

Oh man, that's funny. ^

You'll also learn how to upsale the customer. I was in a local NAPA recently and bought some Sylvania Silverstar headlights. The counter chick was trying to upsale me some lens cleaner. I just looked at her and asked why I would need lens cleaner if I'm buying new headlights. :doh: I still don't think she got it.

Thats really funny. People these days.

I can say though, there were a few times where I had to say "Im sorry, what was the vehicle again?" :)

The solution is to ask once, write it down, and go from there.

Good news. I got it done. Started working at 5pm, got done an 1:30am.
Lots of problems getting it all together.
I had work at 8 am. haha

But, it's all done, and no leaks for now.

It's nice to be done. The motor is so clean.

I ended up putting a gob of lucas oil stabilizer, and shoving it in. It went in easy.

There are no leaks yet, just a little bit of residual oil that leaks down the inspection plate. No drops on the pavement though!

I do have a question...
I keep finding little splatters of oil on the front of the low part of the oil pan. (Above and behind the axle). But there's no point source of leak that I can find. Maybe some oil is on my steering, and getting blown back, and I'm not looking?

I thought it was atf from my leaky tranny cooler line, and it's not red.

Back