• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A Humboldt-Cherokee Blog.

Yea I'm tryin to see if I can go. I'm gonna be taking summer school classes Monday through Thursday so I might miss the first day or two. If it works out I would try to head out after class Wednesday. Dunno what your plans were

You can ditch! haha

I plan on going up with my dad before it starts.

I will have to come down before hand from school to go.

sean, look into the jcr tcase skid. pure beef & they go on sale from time to time. i love mine.

I've seen it, but I don't think it will work with the Iron Rock long arms I want.

It might be tight with the stiffeners too!

I've seen it, but I don't think it will work with the Iron Rock long arms I want.

It might be tight with the stiffeners too!

you have hd offroad stiffeners, right? so do i & it fit over them just fine. don't know about the long arm kit though.

Oh cool.

I might have to have you take yours off so I can test fit it. :)

But seriously, it's either that, or fabricate something else that attaches to the crossmember.

Well, I just killed it for now.
I was doing the rear main seal replacement, all was going well, until I ripped the seal trying to put it back in.

The closest i can get one here is on Wednesday.

Looks like Im taking the bus this week. (And I can't work on it till next saturday.)

Shit day forsure.

Damn dude that sucks! I just noticed my RMS has a small leak as well... hopefully it doesn't become too much of a problem.

Good luck getting it fixed ASAP!

I'm thinking you should have loosened up all the bearing caps. I did the same thing with my RMS, then on the second upper seal, I loosened up all the caps and the new upper seal went in super easy.

Yeah. I also realized that they gave me a piece of plastic to protect the seal, and "shoehorn" it in. I forgot to use it, like a dummy.

I messed up. Live and learn. I'll be much happier once it's done, knowing it took so much work.

Thanks for the encouragement!

I read about seal kits coming with the plastic protector, but neither one of mine came with it. I destroyed my first seal just as you have, but after loosening up all of the caps, the second seal slid in nice and easy. If I lived closer to you and did not have visitors here this weekend, I would have been happy to deliver a replacement seal to you and given an hand with the final installation.

Keep us posted when you get this thing wrapped up.

Thanks man. Yeah, Im pretty remote here.

I'll take your advice, and also rent a really good torque wrench.

Sure, that'd help.

I have a week until I do it anyway. haha

See, simple.

ry%3D480

Sweet. I get it. That's what I pictured, but it's good to be sure.
I've got a busy week.

First day at Kragen tomorrow(yay money), maybe working thursday, and maybe this weekend.

Mix this with studying, a birthday party on sat, and trying to put the jeep back together. :)

Back