• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

9 Second XJ

i was at down at moroso motorsports park last year where were you?

Getting my picture taken with it! My girlfriend than immortalized it by putting the pic in a calender she had made for me.
http://webmail.aol.com/39155/aim/en-us/Mail/get-attachment.aspx?uid=1.22563429&folder=Inbox&partId=4

Moroso is nice, been there for many different occasions. Drags, Ferrari meets, shows, test and tune, good stuff. I spun my driveshaft out of my Jeep racing there. I think theyre doing a multi-million remodeling of the entire facility.

Last edited:
This is kinda along the lines of what I got in line for my new MJ. I just got it so I am still going on the basics, and the more I plan the more I think it is going to be a save ALL the parts and do it in 1 week kind of thing.

WJ brakes - in the process of being cleaned and painted
lowering springs - cut, need to be installed
Ford 9" -cleaned and primed, need to weld perches and get new shafts, mount rear discs too, already has 3.70's in it, need a posi
I need to piece together another stroker and I want a sm425 box for it
t3/t4 turbo is in storage pretty much ready to go

I found out that the base hobby shop only charges $25 a day for a frame lift and bay, I think it is $85 for a week, so once I can get all the stuff for the second stroker pieced together I will be set. I want to have a 10sec MJ, and I think with a turbo 4.6 I could do it on slicks.

It's all numbers. With 3500 pounds of truck and driver, you only need about 550 to the wheels to get in the tens. How many psi you going to run?

I'm building Caltracs for my MJ to see if it solves the traction issues, I'll let you know if it works out.

it was only 2wd with slicks. he would not have been able to do a brake stand in the burnout box if it was 4wd
ARE YOU f-EN SERRIOUS????? NO WAY, THEN HE HAD TO PUT IT IN 4 HI TO MAKE THE RUN AFTER THE BURNOUT!!!! dude, wake up and smell the comic sarcasm!!!!!

I think 5-8psi on a well built stroker would be plenty

Probably not. Figure a stroker built for boost with a lower static c.r. and all the high flowing parts might make 300 flywheel. You'd need to make a little more than 600hp at the flywheel and it takes typically 15 psi to double the output. I'm not saying it can't be done- but as far as I know it hasn't been done yet. Be the first!

I am hoping for low loss from a good clutch/munci combo. If I can get 300 flywheel, I am planning the turbo around a remote mount setup, on the F-bodys they plan a 5psi and 8 psi boost setup, which brings them from 320 up to 540 at the wheels at 8psi. Still running rough numbers so If I need to go a few psi higher than I can. Could also turn to methanol injection to bring the temps down and numbers up as well.

IIRC 5.5 -6 psi on most blowers nets 50% more power, you gonna need more than 8 to make it to 600 horsepower to get to the 10s...
At 6 PSI on a 4.6 with the goody bag full of parts you'll be damned quick but prolly not 10s.

Back