• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

9 Second XJ

i wonder how much they had to cut out of that xj to make that 440 fit :helpme:

So yeah, to those who were wondering, if you have the money, the srt-8 could be made to fit as well.

JJacobs said:
Mine should run a mid-high 9 at sea level, but I got nothing for a 9.2 yet.

He's got a streetable door slammer, your's is more like a streetable gasser....and way cooler looking through the first couple gears even if it is a little slower:loveu:

Twicepardoned said:
There's no chance that OUR I6 could produce those 1/4 mile numbers. You could use an I6 to do it but not ours.

Besides that engine was 7.2 Liters!!!! WOW... no wonder they got a 9 sec pass.

Incorrect. You could do it, it would just take LOTS of boost and LOTS of nitrous lol. Which would mean it would have to be a built motor top to bottom, and without the availability of a forged crank... that's kinda hard. I dunno about a flat nine second pass but I bet it could get down there. It'd definately be interesting to see. Seems like nobody has the curiousity, patience, or will to build a 4.0 balls out.

yea it would be nice...expensive, but nice. its a lot of money over everything else.

also...to twicepardoned...liters has nothing to do with how fast a car is...

Mr_Random said:
Biggest amc 6 I've heard of is the 5.0... that's with resleeved cylinders and everything... I doubt you could get it any bigger...

But if it was super'd/turbo'd with NITROUS it would probably get some insane power... and then shoot a rod through the block... haha...

fixed NOS is a brand it f you want to shorten it its NO2

the only reasonable excuse for a 2wd XJ :D

If I had two xj's, one of them would be 4wd and the other would be a 2wd 5sp with a massaged intake and exhaust and a tune. If I really wanted to have some fun I'd work the head over and go ahead and throw in a Clifford cam and start smokin mustangs from light to light :D

That one's definitely running some n20 to get those flames. It's not the fastest Jeep on earth though. I don't know how loosely you define a Jeep but there have been some nitro funny cars with Jeep bodies in the seventies.
As far as what's the quickest legit, real Jeep right now I think it's Greg Zoetmulder (sp?) with his Procharged big block CJ in the 8's.

that would be pretty sweet to see how much you could make, my cam/dyno software estimates i will make 375 hp and 425 tq with my turbo and lunatti cam set up but thats with only 10lbs of boost! god only knows!

oh ya bout time i see more people racing jeeps. i would like to find out more about this one too. ya its faster than mine right now. i havent made a nitrous pass because i dont want to get kicked off the track. i have alot to do till mine will pass cert. i did run 11.59 on the old motor. now no time for it anymore. there is another one in south fl i heard about too its a 1995 full chassis jeep.

oh ya bout time i see more people racing jeeps. i would like to find out more about this one too. ya its faster than mine right now. i havent made a nitrous pass because i dont want to get kicked off the track. i have alot to do till mine will pass cert. i did run 11.59 on the old motor. now no time for it anymore. there is another one in south fl i heard about too its a 1995 full chassis jeep.
nice to see that you still pop in from time to time. is your jeep still looking pretty much the same as it does on your page? im a big fan :cheers:

ya still the same. now ive changed the engine to a motown smallblock 454 took off the blower and put on two stage fogger system. most of my time goes to building other racecars so the jeep just sits there.

Back