• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

7th annual Turkey day run!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring dry firewood!!!

Don't just say " I'm sure someone else will bring some"

It's going to be cold and wet, and the Gresham boys haven't got much firewood. (Unlike last year)

You guys need fire in a bottle.
7amaqepa.jpg

Tell me dave, When that "Fire in a bottle" runs out... what resource do i cut open with my chainsaw to keep warm?

I'm not exactly camping next to 100 foot tall Propane tubes.. I'll stick to old school haha

Tell me dave, When that "Fire in a bottle" runs out... what resource do i cut open with my chainsaw to keep warm?

I'm not exactly camping next to 100 foot tall Propane tubes.. I'll stick to old school haha

I don't Know what you're talking about I have 100 foot tubes of propane in my backyard at least like 50 of them

Believe me I use to tow along tones of fire wood to go camping. Until I started making portable propane fire. I find it easier to pack 7 gallon propane cylinders then a half a cord of wood. The big plus is when there is a fire ban, the propane fire pits are completely legal and safe. Another point is I don't have to use there dumb fire pit area. I also found times I wanted the fire closer to my tent (yes there was a time boring Dave tented it) closer to the road or on the road or under the trees. I can even set it up on the supplied table if I want. I usually take a couple tanks with me just I case. You can also turn it up and down at anytime.

I also have one of these.

ujusa8az.jpg

Believe me I use to tow along tones of fire wood to go camping. Until I started making portable propane fire. I find it easier to pack 7 gallon propane cylinders then a half a cord of wood. The big plus is when there is a fire ban, the propane fire pits are completely legal and safe. Another point is I don't have to use there dumb fire pit area. I also found times I wanted the fire closer to my tent (yes there was a time boring Dave tented it) closer to the road or on the road or under the trees. I can even set it up on the supplied table if I want. I usually take a couple tanks with me just I case. You can also turn it up and down at anytime.

I also have one of these.
ujusa8az.jpg

I am with Dave. have you ever tried starting a fire with wood when its soaking wet. then again in the morning and every-time you leave the camp you need to dump water on it to completely put it out. propane is just turning on the gas on and the when you leave the camp you turning it off and go.

Don't get me wrong I love wood fires, but for ease propane.

you know you could always use the propane for starting and maintaining the wood fire..

fueled, loaded, just have to eat turkey transfer cold stuff into the cooler and roll out.

im crossing my fingers that Kiwi Camp Dry spray silicone waterproofer works as good as the old paste/wax boot dressing, the internet seems to approve of the stuff

I'm surfing PNWjeep, and craigslist..

I wish i could just..buy motivation.. I ate too much:wow:

Thanksgiving didn't end till late for me Thursday, worked on BHMike's Jeep most of the day/night with Crazymoose Friday, Had classes Saturday....wish the scheduling would've worked better for me this year....on the bright side, there's always next year!
Hope you guys had/are having a great time.
Cant wait for the trip reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back