• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

10th Annual Thanksgiving Run

It's gonna take a couple solid evenings of thrashing to get mine back together, but I'm gonna git er done. Planning to be there Friday morning, and I'll have an open back seat.

Good to hear! I'm thinking Friday I'd like to start on the far West end of the trails, and run them back toward the East side if the group is up for it. Rogers Road, Stick In the Nose, Archers, V-Notch, Waterfall, etc. Should be good times.

I'm pretty much packed and ready to hit the road. Is it Thursday yet?

Bad news, Turns out the temporary axle setup needs maintenance

Ball joints are shot, bearing is shot.. CV shafts are ripped and dry

f860388c6534686f42d1b95892915052.jpg

Good to hear! I'm thinking Friday I'd like to start on the far West end of the trails, and run them back toward the East side if the group is up for it. Rogers Road, Stick In the Nose, Archers, V-Notch, Waterfall, etc. Should be good times.

I'm pretty much packed and ready to hit the road. Is it Thursday yet?

Ooh I wanna run Rogers Road. I think I could possibly do the V-Notch too.

Questions: Do you guys have the little coil spring retainer clips installed on your axles? The bolt hole for the clip on my passenger side stripped out and I've lost the clip. Will the spring stay put without it? Would anyone like to bring one out to TSF for me? Reward offered.

Nice! I'll bring you a clip! I run them

What I have done to make the bolt hole work is zap a quick tack weld in the hole and then re-run the bolt through a few times

What time is roll out time on friday morning. Hoping to have two rigs to meet up with guys and wheel for the day

Joe

Joe, I'll be meeting my buddy in his XJ at 6:30am Friday morning at North plains McDonald's..

We wont be there until 10:30-11 friday morning. Hopefully we can catch up or there will be a late group

Questions: Do you guys have the little coil spring retainer clips installed on your axles? The bolt hole for the clip on my passenger side stripped out and I've lost the clip. Will the spring stay put without it? Would anyone like to bring one out to TSF for me? Reward offered.
I think I was able to drill and tap that hole to 5/16"(or 3/8), but had to remove the coil to have the room to do it

Back