• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

10th Annual Thanksgiving Run

Hope you can make it, Tim!

Honestly, I think your best bet would be to shoot for Lyda Camp with the Freight-Shaker. It's less than a mile from where we'll be camped, and has plenty of room to turn around.

My house on wheels is 30' along with 17' trailer. Do you think I should do the same?

My house on wheels is 30' along with 17' trailer. Do you think I should do the same?
If you want to play it safe, maybe unload your junk at Lyda, and come get a lay of the land at camp in the Jeep. Most of us have only seen the camp at night, and determined there should be plenty of room for tents and Jeeps. Now house on wheels like yours and Tim's are another story.

Anyone planning on bringing firewood? I'll bring my saw if we need to cut any, and whatever dry wood I can find from the shop. :flame:

I think I still have a bunch of firewood, I'll bring as much as I can

It doesn't look like rain is in the forecast (yay). However, it's gonna be cold, make sure to pack a few extra layers.

NOAA said:
Thanksgiving Day
Sunny, with a high near 35.
Thursday Night
Clear, with a low around 28.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 40.
Friday Night
Clear, with a low around 28.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 45.
Saturday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 30.
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 39.

I'm not sure what's on the schedule as I work Tday and Sunday. I do know I need to do some testing on new parts but not sure if BC will be the spot. If the snow would fly I know we want to make a run up the Mollala. I'll do some more welding on Wednesday and see how far I get. Rear locker is also on vacation till I get it rebuilt, it doesn't like to stay engaged. it has worked hard for a long time.

I'm not sure what's on the schedule as I work Tday and Sunday. I do know I need to do some testing on new parts but not sure if BC will be the spot. If the snow would fly I know we want to make a run up the Mollala. I'll do some more welding on Wednesday and see how far I get. Rear locker is also on vacation till I get it rebuilt, it doesn't like to stay engaged. it has worked hard for a long time.

Sweet! Would be good to see you again man!

-0 XL sleeping bag and pad ordered, summer bag has a bad zipper
And I have a great tent heater.. Hopefully that's enough to keep me sleeping warm

Still not 100% on the jeep being there.. But I have knocked out most of "the list"
Including relocating my planetary shifter (thanks nick!)

Don't tease us like that Karl.

My Jeep is off the rollers and back on real tires for the first time since January and out of the garage for the first time since March. Doesn't start and I can't get the xfer case out of neutral or 4low. We'll see if it makes it. We will be there in the Xterra regardless.

Don't tease us like that Karl.

My Jeep is off the rollers and back on real tires for the first time since January and out of the garage for the first time since March. Doesn't start and I can't get the xfer case out of neutral or 4low. We'll see if it makes it. We will be there in the Xterra regardless.

Yup, we'll be in the Xterra with the camping trailer. Hopefully we'll be able to find a couple of passenger seats. Or we'll hang out in camp all day and use up the firewood.

This is mostly a camping trip anyway

I'm still not even 100% on my jeep making it

At this rate, Dustin you'r the only one able to keep a rig on the trail, So maybe we all should just pitch in to help you build a commander.. Since they have a 3rd row seat for us all to ride with you

At this rate, Dustin you'r the only one able to keep a rig on the trail, So maybe we all should just pitch in to help you build a commander.. Since they have a 3rd row seat for us all to ride with you

I'm down for that, 37" tires minimum and the most stuff coils we can get as that suckers going to be heavy with everyone riding in it lol

But I don't think even Dustin could keep one of those things running for long. Then he would be like the rest of us and just be camping....

Back