• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

7th Annual Reno Run

Will you guys be doing any trails that are suitable for 30" tires and ~5" of lift? I wont have 33"s by then and I am thinking of heading up for the day.

Prison Hill on Friday has something for everyone. And Saturday's run is mild as well. Sunday's run is always a little more challenging, but if we run Bronco Canyon again, rigs on 31s have made it through.

No play that I can tell from shaking the driveshaft at the axle.

I changed the wheel bearings and seals already when i did the disc brake converson 100 miles and a year ago.

I heard some clunking driving it around a little which I think I fixed by tightening the rear lug nuts. Oops But I do recall a year ago backing up and turning (reverse only not going fwd), that the jeep would bind and stop. Thought it was the pinion and ring binding but I wasn't able to duplicate the condition last night. I know i need to check the u-joints on the front to confirm if that is my binding or not.

Replace rear U joints, and replace transmission mount first. rule those out. U joints are hard to tell while bolted to the vehicle , remove the driveshaft. while its removed, check for play at the pinion. Make sure the pinion Nut is torqued to spec and is not loose. go from there.

Also inspect control arm bushings, leaf bushings, shackle bushing, trackbar mount, shock bushings, shock bolt torque. trackbar joints. these can all cause clunking.

I know for a fact all the bushings on the rig are pretty cracked and garbage. But because I'm planning to lift with all new suspension soon, I was planning to use the bushing kit Seal gave me on my mj and just deal with the garbage bushings on the stock xj

Heard a rumor that bronco canyon is washed out and the exit you'll need to winch out. I'm gonna try and coordinate with Eric on checking this and steves loop out before memorial.

Heard a rumor that bronco canyon is washed out and the exit you'll need to winch out. I'm gonna try and coordinate with Eric on checking this and steves loop out before memorial.

Wow.
Im ok not running bronco if its that bad. Cant get 31s through that...

How are the other trails?

Hearing about what trials will be run and watching the videos I really am Jonesing to go. Unfortunately for me I have almost completely torn my patella tendon in my right knee and will be having surgery on May 26th so I am out this year.
I hope you guys have great weather and an even better time this year and I hope to see you on the trails later this summer.

A prerun is definitely in order. I'm betting all the trails will have changes since last year.

Hearing about what trials will be run and watching the videos I really am Jonesing to go. Unfortunately for me I have almost completely torn my patella tendon in my right knee and will be having surgery on May 26th so I am out this year.
I hope you guys have great weather and an even better time this year and I hope to see you on the trails later this summer.

Ouch. Tim, hope you have a smooth and speedy recovery.

Damn skipper i hope you recover fast dude, that sounds gnarly

fugg.. crunch time!
i've added a bit more to my list..chromo shaft snapped in the snow, took a ball joint with it. Pulled the winch like a dozen times today..
Lots of fun though :thumbup:

have fun - wont make it this year - don't get stuck in the snow - this guy stuck on the rubicon since december

18157015_991871337582185_4394759935223982973_n.jpg

Hopefully I can get my 4.88s rear locker/chromes/wj knuckles/dom steering/36's and slight more lift/and maybe just maybe exo done. :shiver:

Back