• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

5 on 4.5 lug patterns

BBgun

NAXJA Forum User
While junk yard hopping I found some nice rims on trucks but did not know what truck would fit my jeep so I thought I would put this together. Now I keep it in my wallet. The first ones on the list were obvious lol. I searched for this but could not find it so if this is a R-E-P-O-S-T I am sorry.
If anyone has anything to add to this please do.

Here is a list of 5 on 4.5 lug patterns.

lugpats.jpg

Last edited:
I have swapped wheels between a Dodge Dakota (1987 model) and an XJ and there are no clearance issues I've run into.

btw thats good info to know. thanks.

i currently run AR wheels that came with the jeep, i dont even know what the spacing is but i wouldnt mind having a better spare wheel than the old stocker that bearly even clears the tire from my taillgate... i will definately hang on to this info.

NP I am glad that this info is useful, now to find those 17X8 5X4.5 steelies.

I wish you the very best of luck, you are going to need it. None of those vehicles come stock with 17x8 steelies.

Yea the 17X8 on 4.5 is a hard one. I might be getting a set of rubbers off a JK for cheap. I really didnt want to spend $75 ea for 17" steelies, I want to stick with 15" but the deal on the rubber is worth the look.

Thanks for the info booger. I just went with trucks, I didnt think about the nice bling on the mustangs and crown vics.

Last edited:
Yea the 17X8 on 4.5 is a hard one. I might be getting a set of rubbers off a JK for cheap. I really didnt want to spend $75 ea for 17" steelies, I want to stick with 15" but the deal on the rubber is worth the look.

Thanks for the info booger. I just went with trucks, I didnt think about the nice bling on the mustangs and crown vics.
Yeah, my Mustang has 17X8 5 on 4.5 wheels. However, they have a good bit of BS so I doubt they'd fit well.... not to mention I wouldn't exactly want to run my SVT wheels on the trail :laugh:

That is what is crazy. You could buy the 255/75R17 BFG Mud tires pretty cheap compared to the rest of the BFG line. I just checked them and they have gone up several dollars here recently, but still cheaper than the KM2's.

That is what is crazy. You could buy the 255/75R17 BFG Mud tires pretty cheap compared to the rest of the BFG line. I just checked them and they have gone up several dollars here recently, but still cheaper than the KM2's.

Yep, this buy is from a guy that is switching to the procomp AT's.
The one thing that I dont understand is why did jeep change to 5X5 lug pat and 17's. So now everyone that has anything else, xj, yj etc, and wanted to trade for a new jk cant keep their rims and tires.

Yep, this buy is from a guy that is switching to the procomp AT's.
The one thing that I dont understand is why did jeep change to 5X5 lug pat and 17's. So now everyone that has anything else, xj, yj etc, and wanted to trade for a new jk cant keep their rims and tires.

...exactly

The wheels from my Tiburon fit the bolt pattern, but not over the hub. I was still able to both them on, but I would not drive it like that. I bough the ZJ for parts, and needed to have something on it while I worked on it.

IMG_3658-1.JPG

I was just gonna add the ZJ's have the 5 on 4.5 too..

I guess if i used a car rim then I could keep my 1.5" spacers (that I was trying to sell for only $150) huh lol.

The Mazda trucks and Navajo (?), which are of course just Rangers and Explorers, have the same pattern.

-I know this is obvious to most of us, but just wanted to add it for those who are unfamiliar with those trucks.

Back