• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4x4 shops , local

TBCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
hey got a 2001 cherokee sport,
want to lift it,
anyone know of a good 4x4 shop
don't have tools or experience to do lift myself
any in ky, in, or ohio
i'm in cincinnati , ohio

grasseater said:
My advice:

Do it yourself.

Keep your $1100 budget. Whatever you save on labor, spend on tools (if you don't already have a good assortment).

Plan on the install taking twice, or three times as long as planned, whether you do it or a shop does it ($$).

Gloat in your new found mechanical confidence and become that much more intimate with your pile of iron once finished.

its not all that hard to do...ask around and find someone with a air compressor.... the guy across the street let me use his....this was the biggest tool when i needed a lift

Johnsons Offroad (Justliftkits.com) in Danville, IL (Indiana border), isn't bad.

Moab Offroad in Louisville, KY is a pretty shady place, and I wouldn't recommend them.

Do it yourself, or better yet do it at a wrenchfest. Then you get the pride from doing it yourself, and you get to meet some people.

Prepmech said:
do it at a wrenchfest. Then you get the pride from doing it yourself, and you get to meet some people.

X2

Definitely do it yourself. If you break on the trail, the mechanic isn't going to be there to fix it. I can probably give you a hand sometime if you want to do it yourself.

If you still decide that you want someone to install it, Performance Offroad in Alexandria, KY is a good local shop. Roy is also the owner of KY Outback Adventure Park. I think JET455 on the board may also do installs.

Check out TKO Trailriders if you are interested in getting some trail time. Our next meeting is May 10th at Toot's on Montgomery Rd. near the intersection with Fields-Ertel.

Thanks guys for the info!
just what i needed.
I'm not originally from cincinnati, ohio,
i'm from the south, and new all the timber trails / and jeep 4x4 clubs back home. but just didn't know anyone here in cincy or even that there was 4x4 areas to go to around here or off road shops was at!
thanks again!

If you want to get together with a bunch of guys and put it on yourself us Hoosiers could lend a hand. We did McFLY'S XJ last month. You can look at past threads in this forum. "Jeep night in Greenwood". Let me know.

4 wheel parts also has a shop here too
Performance offroad does too.

Andy

Give a shout out to Oneton (Sean Rose) on the boards. He's just north of you in Miamisburg, about two minutes off I-75. He's starting a shop and will be more familiar with the XJ than any other place you'll find. TC

Back