• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.56s and Powertrax No-Slip installed, question:

Grind down one side of the cross pin. But make sure you don't grind where the 8 springs will come in contact with the pin (if that makes sense).

Is it OK to grind it down the crosspin? The mechanic says he's not to comfortable doing it, but he suggests getting it machined if anything. He says the heat from a grinder might be too much for the crosspin and he's worried about it blowing up and me coming back to him. Should I be concerned about the heat or just give 'er with a grinder?

Well, we ground the cross pin down on my 8.25 about two years ago. It's either that or grind down some teeth on the ring gear. Either way works fine.

When you grind down one side of the pin, should you leave at least one side round at one end or is it OK to grind the whole thing down the full length of the pin?

Back