• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.0 Turbo Dyno results

oh for chrissakes a guy starts out with valid tech discussion and now its a pissing match to see who will have to say "My bad, nevermind" first?
Goddamnit, what about the fuel management and ignition on this thing! Where did you source the turbo? How did the pipes get routed?
Tech, people! Measure your net-dicks elsewhere!

:yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::yelclap::yelclap:

x2 what did you do about ignition timing? And what octane gas?
fuel was handled with a in-line booster pump and a 14:1 FMU. As for timing you can't do much, I moved the intake air temp sensor to the charge pipe. few reasons, first the intake manifold gets heat soaked and when the intake air temp sensor gets warmer is pulls timing out of the jeep to combat dentanation. With the IAT sensor in the charge pipe it does not get heat soaked at much and gives me some timing back.. I used the threaded opening that I took the IAT sensor out on the intake manifold to install a hobbs switch. Jeeps ECU's will only go into open loop when you are at WOT. I can build boost at half throttle and the air/fuel was at 14.6-15.2 :nono:. I hooked up the hobbs switch to the 5 volt line on the TPS, reduced voltage from the 5 volts to the same voltage as you would get from WOT. From the other side of the hobbs switch i tapped into the reference line of the TPS. So now at 2 psi I trick the ecu into going into open loop and all the injectors open fully. It was a lot or trial and error but works really well, when it goes into open loop my A/F is between 11.3-11.7

I want to trick mine into O/L at 2500rpm(vs 3000-3100) at mid throttle so I can get the afrs down to mid-13s. I was gonna monitor the tps% via obd2 to find out what % OL starts and then figure a way to get that value at 2500rpm. What's wild, is that I could use a psc1 to change tps voltage just like it's changing map voltage and get it into O/L. The ftc1 can modify two parameters at once, so instead of timing, you could do tps.

Great number love the sound of the turbo spooling up, by the way I'm getting ready to do my turbo install I just need to finish up with my jeep 2500 install and then I'll be doing the turbo setup

This is what I have right now
50 trim turbo internal wastegate
split second ftc1
explorer injectors
hks bov
flanges and intercooler piping

I want to trick mine into O/L at 2500rpm(vs 3000-3100) at mid throttle so I can get the afrs down to mid-13s. I was gonna monitor the tps% via obd2 to find out what % OL starts and then figure a way to get that value at 2500rpm. What's wild, is that I could use a psc1 to change tps voltage just like it's changing map voltage and get it into O/L. The ftc1 can modify two parameters at once, so instead of timing, you could do tps.

Or... you could just use the AEM F/I controller. Specifically the 1913 unit developed for OBD2 jeep/chrysler apps.

Great number love the sound of the turbo spooling up, by the way I'm getting ready to do my turbo install I just need to finish up with my jeep 2500 install and then I'll be doing the turbo setup

This is what I have right now
50 trim turbo internal wastegate
split second ftc1
explorer injectors
hks bov
flanges and intercooler piping

Those injectors will not flow enough for what you are looking to do. I wouldn't use anything smaller than a 36# injector unless you plan on strangling them up top.You could also do a combo of a larger injector and an FMU.

two questions, One what are people using for fuel and ignition managment on OBDII jeeps, Two were are your oil lines from are you guys getting the oil filter spacers? oh and the mustang "mustake" guys shur get fired up on the web.

Good to know. Can you find my turbo question from 05 and answer it as well?

Actually you want the 1910 Unit. The 1913 unit is for SRT-4 Neons.

Wrong. Good luck getting your injectors to work with the 1910 unit.

1913 unit is what is needed with almost all Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Bosch ECU's.

If your going to bring back the dead, you should at least be correct. :banghead:

the turbo is sized really well for the 4.0. it spools VERY quickly. in 4low there is more of a load on the motor, so it will build boost quickly. the type of driving i do and more crawling too im easy on the gas pedal.

actually that is not true... in 4 low you have less load on the engine... 4 high would have more load

low gears make the engine see less load... that is why your Jeep climbs hills easier in 4 low

you DO raise in RPMs much faster in 4 low and that might make it seem like you are boosting faster...

but the fact of the matter is that low gears make less load...

actually that is not true... in 4 low you have less load on the engine... 4 high would have more load

low gears make the engine see less load... that is why your Jeep climbs hills easier in 4 low

you DO raise in RPMs much faster in 4 low and that might make it seem like you are boosting faster...

but the fact of the matter is that low gears make less load...

His last activity was in March....2009. Don't expect a response.

Back