• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2JZGTE swap this summer...

Some XJ's from 86-88 had this front end, along with wood-grain siding and what-not. This panel is supposedly from an 88, I believe. Keep the wood, but I LOVE the quad lights. HID's are coming at some point. :)

It occurs to me that if I can get the torque far enough into the lower rpms...the turbo system should provide a distinct advantage at high altitudes vs. any n/a v8. Same reason turbo props are awesome, yes? Maybe it's just late and I should be sleeping. :)

Yeah, I'm actually not getting rid of my original header panel, for that very reason...but hey, a man in this day and age, he's gotta have choices...a little bit of variety.

The Jeep is going back to BL today and I will be moving the overflow tank and carbon canister to the place where the air filter box USED to be...and for now will just cut out the A/C lines to make room. While I'm there I'm gonna test fit a BL manifold and some t4 or t6 flanged turbo just to see if that is even an option for anyone else as is. Tomorrow morning I switch the oil pans and begin assembling the exhaust manifold. I MAY also install the walbro.

Fuel pump.

Wagoneer header panel is on! :)
209365_1684187064645_1236685233_31339018_8365097_o.jpg
I think u stole it from Clark W. Griswolds station wagon from the original Vacation. Wally World here I come!

So yesterday I pre-cut the manifold elbows into 30, 45, and 60 degree pieces, saving 10 90's and a whole lot of straight for the assembly.

SprintPhoto_c3b30e-1.jpg

SprintPhoto_d3b30e.jpg

Here are most of the pieces:

SprintPhoto_gygdxe-1.jpg

After work today I got my Jeep in the shop and removed the coolant overflow bottle, the charcoal canister, and the Jeep's original a/c compressor, filter, and lines. I was then able to locate the turbo flanges. This is where she will sit.

SprintPhoto_da3noe.jpg

I will be making a couple of compressor housing modifications to make it fit. O2 housing/down-pipe section is perfect. All oil and coolant lines/fittings will clear.

SprintPhoto_ea3noe.jpg

SprintPhoto_ca3noe.jpg

I think u stole it from Clark W. Griswolds station wagon from the original Vacation. Wally World here I come!

DUDE! I was thinking the exact same thing. Project name change to "Project: Griswold" Seriously, I wants me one. That engine has to be a beast once you get all the electrical sorted out on it. This project seems so much more doable than a L33 swap.

Wheels are tt supra rims, and are in the first couple of pics, actually, though they will be powdered black. 17" diameter, 8.5" wide up front, and 10" wide in the rear.
I don't know the actual size of the compressor. Whatever a stock evo8 is. Runners are coming together now. Pics will be up later tonight.

Back