• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2007 XJ Calendar!!

Red97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
OK guys, last year a guy made a sweet xj calendar but it was started on the "other" forum and they got their panties in a ruffle off him charging and it saying "otherforum.com" on the calendar. The calendars were awesome, I bought several.... but the year is coming to a close. It was so cool to see a new set of rigs on the wall every month... and mine was even in there!

Anyway, I e-mailed him and asked to do again this year, he said if there were enough interest he would AND enough volunteers to e-mail pics. I am ok with him making money on it and I don't even care if it has our fourm on it or not.... although it seems to me having www.naxja.org on it would only help promote this site... kinda like a big advertising sticker in everybody's office/house/garage or whatever. I will forward this link to him hoping he can chime in.

Let's show our interest here by posting if you would want to buy one or not and if you would be willing to e-mail your favorite wheeling pic of your rig.

Red97XJ said:
OK guys, last year a guy made a sweet xj calendar but it was started on the "other" forum and they got their panties in a ruffle off him charging and it saying "otherforum.com" on the calendar. The calendars were awesome, I bought several.... but the year is coming to a close. It was so cool to see a new set of rigs on the wall every month... and mine was even in there!
Check with NAMBLA.org. They might be interested

I'm all for the creation of a calendar, especially an official NAXJA one. It would be a nice addition to my garage.

I should point out though, that its not funny, cool or even remotely acceptable for some tool to print up a calendar with NAXJA's name on it without our permission.
:nono:

There are a lot of paying members who are very proud of this club and their involvement in it, and would be happy to dish out a grade A ass-whuppin' on anyone who makes an unauthorized version.

Just a couple of mildly non-partisan cents for consideration...
:D

How would you guys feel about a NAXJA Calendar with the rigs of the month on them....

We can do them thru Cafe Press which if I am not mistaken is where the others were made.

Kudzu said:
How would you guys feel about a NAXJA Calendar with the rigs of the month on them....

We can do them thru Cafe Press which if I am not mistaken is where the others were made.

I'm down.

wait, that's what she said. Sure, I'm in.

Sounds pretty cool to me... Im in.

The one Chris made last year had several xj's on each month.. it was very cool. I am not sure how cool it would look with only one on each page.

So what is it going to take for Chris to have permission and make it a "official" naxja calendar?

I think its a good idea, and I will definitely buy one. I think all the pictures in the calander should be NAXJA members though.

If its the ROTM then thats kewl too. :thumbup:

EDIT: I think NAXJA should produce this calander and have the proceedes put into the general fun or maybe even donate it to a good cause....my $.02

- Joe

Red97XJ said:
The one Chris made last year had several xj's on each month.. it was very cool. I am not sure how cool it would look with only one on each page.

So what is it going to take for Chris to have permission and make it a "official" naxja calendar?
I would think that emailing the BOD would be a good start.

On the other hand, if he's willing to do it anyway, why doesn't he just make one up and just not put NAXJA's name on it. The official NAXJA one will have to go through official NAXJA channels and I believe we already have printing services contracted for our newsletter, so there's no guarantee we would use his services anyway.

Its a great idea though, so if he's up for it, he could just do a generic one. There are plenty of XJ owners out there who would be interested, officially sanctioned by NAXJA or not...

Hey,
I was the one that made last years "otherforum.com" calendar, as Red97XJ put it. I'd be game for making one again this year. It seems like a few of you are interested. It'd be nice to make it an official NAXJA.com one, but I guess I could probably make a generic one. I don't want to make forum admins angry again this year.

Well, if you guy's have any cool pictures of your XJ that you'd like to submit to the calendar, email them to me at [email protected].

Later,
-Chris

Roodki said:
Hey,
I was the one that made last years "otherforum.com" calendar, as Red97XJ put it. I'd be game for making one again this year. It seems like a few of you are interested. It'd be nice to make it an official NAXJA.com one, but I guess I could probably make a generic one. I don't want to make forum admins angry again this year.

Well, if you guy's have any cool pictures of your XJ that you'd like to submit to the calendar, email them to me at [email protected].

Later,
-Chris
Why don't you go through the BOD as has been suggested?

Better yet, offer to do an official NAXJA calendar, print about 500 and donate them to the club to be sold as a fundraiser.

If you're SERIOUS - you might consider the last option.

Sniggs said:
Why don't you go through the BOD as has been suggested?

Better yet, offer to do an official NAXJA calendar, print about 500 and donate them to the club to be sold as a fundraiser.

If you're SERIOUS - you might consider the last option.

Haha, yeah... I can afford to donate 500 calendars..and still buy food for the month. Wait, scratch the food part. Who need it anyways...

So who's the BOD you speak of and how can I contact him?

-Chris

I think we should use the Rig of the Months from the previous year. Or in modification of that, each month have a collage of XJ/MJ pictures with the said rig of the month centered and larger than the rest.

To prevent a big uproar of what rigs are in the calander you should just use this years ROTM's winners for the calander. This will also put some incentive on people entering thier rigs next year for ROTM.

Back