• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 XJ Buildup

Progress:

Engine is all hooked up, ready to go. Exhaust is in back past the cat. Trans/xfer case are in. Had to modify the exhaust mount at the trans mount so that is done. And best of all, IT RUNS (on the first try)! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtbZxsP9aXc

img_0665.jpg

img_0666.jpg

Had to run the neutral safety switch to get it to start for now.
img_0667.jpg

img_0668.jpg

img_070.jpg

very nice :D

Some changes to the build sheet...

Motor:
Stock 4.0 Motor
MORE Engine Mounts
MORE Engine mount brackets
K&N Filter
TB Spacer (? mabey)

Transmission/Transfer Case:
NV3550
NP242 4:1 Transfer Case
SYE & XJ Front DS

Axles
Front: Rubicon D44

Rear Stock Rubicon D44 – Or XJ D44 with 4.10's and Locker
Shafts: Alloy

VIAIR Air compressor for lockers/OBA

Exterior
Bumpers: Stock rear, Stock front with tow hooks/backbone system
Winch

Protection
Gas tank skid
Rocker sliders – AJ’s
TNT belly skid - Having done the math, makes more sense to sell my JKS LCA's and buy a whole Y-link kit.

Interior
Grand Cherokee seats

Wheels/Tires
16x8 Jeep Moab wheels
235/85/16 (31.6x10.4) BFG Mud Terrain T/A KM or Maxxis Bighorn

Suspension
3” Front Springs
3” Rear Leaf Springs
OME/Bilstein Shocks
JKS Adj. Trac Bar
JKS Discos
WJ Steering & Brakes

The math to justify the Y-Link kit: I own JKS LCA's (~$320) and was going to buy UCA's to match (~$290) I was also going to buy a TNT/TREKS Belly skid with all the extras (~$310). So total out of pocket for skid and UCA's is around $600. The Y-link upgrade is $850. So $850 -$250 for my very good condition JKS LCA's means I get spend around $600 for the whole Y-link setup and get a better suspension system while i'm at it :guitar:

Took it for a very short drive today! Got the clutch all hooked up, which was a lot more fabbing than anticipated.

img_0824.jpg

img_0825.jpg

img_0826.jpg

img_0830.jpg

img_0831.jpg

img_0839.jpg

3 PEDALS!!!
img_0840.jpg

img_0845.jpg

Drove it home today! What a nice ride...It's been so long since I've driven a nice stock jeep, and the 5 speed is amazing, and TON of fun. It has 3.55's and 235/75R15's on it so it is actually a really decent combo. Not sure how far off the speedo is yet, but it accelerates very well, and does great on the highway, had it up to about 80 according to the gauge. Anyway, a few pictures of my adjustable clutch master cyl rod and the exhaust, and a video of it running and revving with the exhaust on to top it off. enjoy. :repair:

IMG_0847.jpg

IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_0850.jpg

IMG_0851.jpg

Finally parked in my driveway and ready to go whenever I need it! party1:
IMG_0853.jpg

242 4:1??

:huh:

The NP242 transfercase, which you listed, doesn't have a 4:1 ratio, unless you were extremely lucky and have one of the few Teraflex 4:1 kit for the 242.

If the case came out of a rubicon, which it looks like all your other parts did, then its an NP241 OR case with a 4:1 low ratio.

Got this yesterday! Dual fan controller, temp adjustable from 150-240. I will take pictures of the install when it is way less sloppy than what I did last night before dark to test it out...

img_0855.jpg

img_0857.jpg

Well some more pics are in order, just gotta get my crap together. Got my RE 3.5 coils and leafs yesterday from Hammered. Still waiting to get my correct ECU back from ACX. Last night I got my brake light switch turned NSS wired up to the clutch pedal so that I don't have to hold a push button switch in while starting anymore and also it kills the cruise control if you press the clutch in while it is cruising...without that you get to watch the needle bounce off the rev limiter :scared:
Oh and I got a trailer hitch on there too...whoop-de-do.

Won't be a whole lot to update on for a bit but i will try to keep them coming.

Haha cool. Yeah I never had a Jeep do that before but it has been so humid it has done it a couple times. No smell to it so it is just steam. Stop up sometime if you see me workin, I try not to make it EVERY weekend but it's darn close to it haha.

Back