• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 cherokee motor swap

csanderlin

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 2000 cherokee after leaving ure she blow found rtv all in engine only had jeep for 2 weeks well i found a jeep engine from 96 cherokee will it what all do i need ot change to mae it work i know i got put cam sensor and and got put everything from my motor onto it but anything else i need to worry about

How many miles are on the 96 motor? The reason I ask is I have a 01 thats been rolled. I'm about to buy a 98 that needs a motor but the 00 and 01 models are set up different. I'd be up for a swap if your interested.

I am doingt the same swap and in need info. Any and all would be greatly appreciated. Like willl the older engine fit with the different oil filter mount? And are there ports inthe head for all of the latermodel sensors. I know you will have to fab a mount for the coil pack.

Thanks

Back