• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 questions

snowboard3r411

NAXJA Forum User
my 89 4 brAnger comanche wont get all the way hot right now in this dam cold weather. it wont get hotter then 150 deg right now and my dam heater wont heat up all the way. i have never had a not heating issues so im confused. any one had this happen??
Also im looking for a 4.0 to make a stroker out of for my 97 if anyway has a blown motor or anything laying around let me know

The t-stat is basically new - replaced it after I got the MJ from Chris when I tore the cooling system apart while replacing the rotted freeze plugs.

You drove it last winter right? Heat worked ok then?

I can't remember if that system has a heater control valve in-line on one of the heater core hoses....... if it does, make sure that's opening. I never trust the gauge cluster temp gauge in these Jeeps so definitely ensure the actual temp of the coolant is 150.

The t-stat is basically new - replaced it after I got the MJ from Chris when I tore the cooling system apart while replacing the rotted freeze plugs.

You drove it last winter right? Heat worked ok then?

I can't remember if that system has a heater control valve in-line on one of the heater core hoses....... if it does, make sure that's opening. I never trust the gauge cluster temp gauge in these Jeeps so definitely ensure the actual temp of the coolant is 150.
well see thats the thing is it worked last winter and the gauge was working just a week or so ago in the cold and all went to hell just the other night like say i have never had a problem with my engine to not heat up.

Yeah, if it was heating fine last winter and now cold, the t-stat is stuck open. Swap it out.

what yella said, although he is being charitable only calling those freeze plugs "rotted", they were friggin gone! And,. sorry, my stroker is pending sale... WOOT!... I do have a 258 crank for a stroker build that I could part with though...PM if interested.

Whut........ THESE freeze plugs? Rotten? :D

P1011812.jpg

again, yella is charitable, it was measured in gallons per mile right before we swapped!

dear lord lol and this thing still runs amazing lol no knocks or anything. but so what do you guys think the problem would be then since you know the thing better then i do

I think the t-stat is stuck open. replace it and be happy. I literally used to drive around with 3-4 gallons of water in the truck, and just pull over every few miles and add water right before the trade (I had to milk a few more miles out of it).

Back