• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 door vs 4 door

if you're on the lookout for a new ride Ed, then check the coastal NC craigslist. That's josh's area. I saw tons of rust free probably never offroad XJ's when I was looking.

just watch out because it seems half of them are 2wd.

I'd rather have a 2 door any day of the week. At the moment I have a 4 door, and it's a good jeep. I've just always liked the 2 door better. That said, I love xj's, and embarrassing the TJCJYJJK guys out on the trail when my grocery getter outwheels their bathtub.

The two doors are much easier to get in & out of as a taller person. I drove a lot of the four door XJs when I worked for Chrysler- they were a p.i.t.a. for me with the smaller door opening. I've been driving a 2 door XJ starting with my first (an `86 model) and still have my `01 2 door. At 6'2" and around 250 lbs., it suits me quite well.

I had to special order my `01 since they'd pretty much quit selling them off the lot by then. They had a tendency to tear the hinges out of the unibody because of the longer door's weight & leverage . My `94 was repaired under warranty because of it, and apparently they had experienced enough claims by then to limit their liability exposure. Still, they did honor my order and as such I got one of the last 2 door XJs off the line before production ended. Since they didn't offer the Solar Yellow on them until the last quarter of production, it makes for a very unique ride. :cool:

Back