• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 door vs 4 door

PacificEd

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
For those of you that own a 2 door XJ, are they any easier to get in and out of versus a 4 door with the smaller front door openings?

I'm 6'-2" with a bumb left knee and getting in and out of vehicles can de tough.

PS I really want a WJ but doubt I'll find one in my price range.

iv got a 2 door and a coupla 4 doors. the two door seems a little easier (in 6ft) provided my son isnt behind my seat. if he is it about the same as the 4 door.

:D

What is your price range Ed?

Well, less than I originally planned. Uncle Sam took a little more of my bonus than I was hoping. $2500 or so at best right now.

Ed I own 2 2 doors now and will never own a 4 door again. Wheeling a 2 door is SO much better. The window is bigger so you don't hit your head on the b piller. My 2 door will be at the crawl so you can see first hand.

The seats are in the same spot just no b piller right next to them.

I will check it out for sure.

I want to get something as a nice daily driver.

Lots of ZJs on Craigslist for that, but most WJs are starting between $3400-4400.

Lots of ZJs on Craigslist for that, but most WJs are starting between $3400-4400.

Yep. I wouldn't mind a ZJ but the WJ looks so much more comfortable, a 242 t-case and will have less miles. Oh well.

I'd like to find a clean 94-95 ZJ. They seem to have the least number of issues.

Yep. I wouldn't mind a ZJ but the WJ looks so much more comfortable, a 242 t-case and will have less miles. Oh well.

I'd like to find a clean 94-95 ZJ. They seem to have the least number of issues.

I have both and would rather drive my ZJ. I like the ergonomics of the ZJ better.

Maybe I need to stop over sometime and sit in both and see which one I like better?

(Nothing like inviting yourself, right?)

Maybe I need to stop over sometime and sit in both and see which one I like better?

(Nothing like inviting yourself, right?)

Come on by anytime you want and you can drive them both. I'll even let you drive the XJ and the John Deere garden mower if you want!!!

Oh, and I did have a '94 ZJ. The one I have still is a '96. They redesigned the interior dash and the exterior body cladding for '96, but there was NO difference in how they sat, drove, or rode.

Ed, as a fellow 'larger than average guy', similar in size to yourself... I say for certain that a 2 door is easier to get in. I had Latney's 2 door here for a while, and its a 2 door. Much easier to get in and out of.

Ed, as a fellow 'larger than average guy', similar in size to yourself... I say for certain that a 2 door is easier to get in. I had Latney's 2 door here for a while, and its a 2 door. Much easier to get in and out of.

I thought it might be even with the seat in the same position as the 4 door. Thanks for the infomation.

Last edited:

So, Stump, was Latney's a 2 door? :laugh3:

I have always had 4 doors, but my brother has a 2 door. Ive driven both, wheeled both, and Ill admit the 2 door is great, I would like to build a 2 door xj in the future...

But being that Ive got a manche project, and my xj dd project going full widths now, the 2 door will be on the back burner until atleast tax time.

I'd like to build a 2 door MJ.... Kinda like an extended cab truck. :cool: As for your question... yes the 2 door is easyer to get in and out of with the bigger door.

I will 2nd...or 10th the 2 door.

I've had 6 4 doors and 2 2 doors. I'm 6'3" 250#...2 door...even with 3 kids...is easier to deal with.

With the B pillar being nowhere near where your seated position you have a lot more shoulder room and it just feel bigger...despite being the same sized interior.

Glen I love my MJ but I do wish they had built them with the doors like the 2 door XJ instead of the 4 door. Good idea!!

Back