• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2 budget XJ builds

acantare said:
My brother friend is about to buy a 98 XJ auto trans. My brother has a 92 XJ 5 speed that he was going to sell but now wants to keep to wheel. Both are looking to run 31s.With budget being an issue for both the 98 XJ is leaning towards the rustys 3" AAL kit, my brother may end up going the bastard pack route or searching out used 3" lift pack. I assume both will need t-case drops, brake line exstentions, and possibly longer bump stops. Is there anything im missing, its scary im the brains behind both there projects and im a YJ guy with little experience. Also can the 98 get by running 31x10.5s on his stock rims?

Any adcive is helpfull they both are asking me alot of question and they arent to big on the whole reading thing so im what they have to learn from.

Thanks

Yes 31" will work fine on stock wheels. That is what I run.

I have the Rustys 3" AAL kit and have been running it for 2years and no problems. I also have there trac-bar with no issues. Full leaf packs in back would be much beter though. Rustys springs ride very well but there shocks suck ass! I had to do a 1" t-case drop in my 99 to get rid of vibs. Im going to ditch this in favor of a RE hack & Tap and a stock front driveshaft.
Here is a pic:
poserpicture2.jpg

I have a '99 XJ with a rough country 3.5" kit on it out of JC Whitney, I only paid like $360.00 w/S&H. All that came with the kit were 4 shocks, 2 add-a-leaf's,2 rear blocks, and front coils. I have had it on for about a year with no probs. Only thing I did was drop the t/c 1.5'' and put adjustable lwr control arms on. Never messed with the brake lines and flexes and rides just fine w/no hang ups. Just my 2 Cents.

skyjackers are listed at around $39 per shock, rustys are listed at $30. If i was to go to advanced or some other local parts store what (cheap) shocks do i get for a 3" lift.

Back