• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1999 XJ Sport

Tiffster said:
Dont know, what's it gonna take to put you in the nice vehicle right here. It was only driven back and forth to work by a little granny on Sundays...LOL!

I have had so many folks with $3500...is $500 more really that much more?

And I guess based on CL my price is pretty low...don't know, thinking I dont need to rape someone over the deal, figured $4000 was a nice spot based on the fact that it needs the brakes, shocks and windshield. Dealer is only going to replace the windshield, warped rotors won't enter in the equation.

my 98 with just a bit under your miles is about to go up for sale and thats what I was shoot at for a sale price. The lady wants a grand cherokee.

Please dont force me to post it on..*GULP*..CraigsList....I already have my bike posted there and I am afraid of the folks who have called on it so far.

C'Mon Philip...you know you want it ;)

Glad to hear the price is in the right range...now it needs to find a home!!!

Let's see...Motorcycle for sale, I post pics, get e-mails asking for pics, I post every minute detail of the bike, I get asked crap that is in the ad. THen there are the folks who work to get the number, then call, then never show up to look like they said they would...*SIGH*

I can't justify it with the project in progress. my whole tax refund is going towards that :(
even giving things away free on CL is a hassle lol

jdogg4 said:
tax season is hear use that refund.

my tax return this year was only a grand (non taxable due to deployment) and that is payin for the winch, and a portion of the winch bumper.

ladywolf said:
my tax return this year was only a grand (non taxable due to deployment) and that is payin for the winch, and a portion of the winch bumper.

Thats a good purchas if you ask me. I'm trying to dump all of mine into paying mine off so I can start in on that axle upgrades and other stuff like a winch and finish the rear bumper. only have a few payments left.

yea, i def. dont regret buyin it, kinda wishin i would have a lot earlier, but one cannot always see into the future.

I would love to buy this! My fiance' needs a new jeep, can't fix hers... Were waiting on tuition re-emburstment and taxes. If we had it we'd be all over this!!! Great Buy for someone!
-Matt

Well...I *think* I can put it as sale pending.

A newbie to Colorado say it posted here and looked at it tonight, I am going to try to get the shocks, brakes and heat issue fixed for him and I think Stocky will have a new owner...maybe one who will get him out on a trail sometime soon.

If anyone here might be able to help me out with getting the shocks and brakes done by Friday, I would really be appreciative. The prospective buyer just had ACL surgery and cant do the work any more than I can, I have a shop in mind to take it to, but not sure they can work me in before Friday.

ladywolf said:
if i only had the cash i'd take him up on it.................crap:(
The last Tiffster I knew anything about, "him" was a her.

I could be wrong though.

BTT

Tiff,

In reading the other 4x4 issue thread.......

Why is there a disco front D30? Is the rear axle the original or has that been changed too?

I thought I recalled you having lifted that XJ in the past - I guess you removed the lift at some point? Why was/is the vacuum ball missing?

I was kinda interested, but I'd like to know more about it's history and what parts have been swapped.

YEp, XJ was lifted. In 2003 I took it back to stock and sold off most of the lift parts, including the upgraded axles I had.

Replacement axles are a '00 8.25 and a 91 HpD30. Reason for the older axle up front is I knew the history of it. It came off my mom's 91 so rather than play russian roulette with a junkyard axle I opted to go that route with it.

I had Hillside 4x4 do the shift fork dealio last year right before all the snow started flying and 4x worked just great, street tires not so much, but it got the job done.

When I did the swap back to stock I went lift part for new stock part as much as possible. In instances where I could not secure a stock part I picked up aftermarket.

As the Jeep was and always has been my DD I made a hardcore effort to get the best parts I could at the time so that the reassembly was done correctly. I spent 7 days doing the swap just to make sure that time was taken to do it right.

That's why it still has the SYE/HD Driveshaft and adj. UCAs. I was not up for swapping out a t-case and the driveshaft was just right to fit. Only UCAs I oculd find back then were trashed stock ones so I simply adjusted them to work with the stock height and away I went.

As far as the missing vac ball...new bumper and fender and apparently the shop forgot to put it back :mad: Jeep was parked, truck side swipped it and that is what caused the replacement. That was right about a year ago, if I look I can probably find the paperwork so that any potential buyer can see what was fixed, but it was pass fender, front facia and front bumper.

I think the kid will be very happy...slap a 3" lift on it and let him have some fun.

Thanks...my shoulder is on FIRE from the simple shift fork fix. About to apply the heat patch and take a vicodin, but at least I know that everything on the XJ works as it should :)

If you want to tackle those brakes...let me know...we can get it done as a team ;)

Back